Chapter 11. Cavalry Battle

Timeskip

Setting

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Narrating

[POV Change]

----------------------------------------------------------

Previously...

"Now then, I will explain the rules of the Cavalry Battle. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them! And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out! During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your Quirks. But it is still a Cavalry Battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! You'll be removed immediately. Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!" Midnight then explained and ordered, causing the heartbeats of some of the contestants to increase. I had decided to not approach anybody and instead wait for them to ask me to be on their team. About 10 minutes had passed before I sensed some people approaching me. The group consisted of 4 people, those 4 people being Bakugo, Kirishima, Mina, and some other guy who I sensed had weird elbows. "Hey, Shrimp. Join us." Bakugo said as I turned to him. "Sure, I love doing charity work!" I replied while smiling and making Bakugo a bit pissed off. "Wait. The limit is 4 members, Bakugo." Kirishima then pointed out. "Oh yeah. You can leave then. The Shrimp can do what you can do with his Quirk and more." Bakugo responded, shocking Kirishima. "B-but I was there with you at USJ! I helped you!" Kirishima yelled, trying to convince Bakugo to let him back into the group. "I don't need friends here. I need people that will make me win."

---------------------------------------------------------

UA Sports Festival Stadium

[(Y/N)'s POV]

I was a bit shocked by Bakugo's statement towards Kirishima, I was also feeling kind of feeling bad for Kirishima to be completely honest. Kirishima began to stammer while standing completely in place since he probably didn't have any idea on what to say at the moment. I mean, how on earth are you supposed to respond to that? "I said beat it." Bakugo then ordered as he glared at Kirishima, causing him to slowly turn around and walk away sadly. I could tell that everyone's heartbeats had increased, excluding Bakugo's and mine. I don't blame them, as they were probably thinking 'if he threw Kirishima away like that, what's stopping him from doing that to us?'. Afterwards, I began to walk away from Bakugo and his group, confusing Bakugo. "Huh? What are you doing?" He asked me while raising an eyebrow. "I'm leaving your group, of course. I expect my teammates to have some basic form of human dignity." I answered, angering the Pomeranian. He didn't say anything, however, as he simply reinvited Kirishima, who rejoined the group. Does he have no shame?

I then began walking towards none other than Midoriya, who was standing next to a girl with a bobcut and another with some sort of gadgets on her. "Hey, Bomby. Let me in your team." I said, giving him a nickname based on the stunt he had attempted to pull during the Obstacle Race. Midoriya's eyes widened at my order while his heartbeat increased, as it was clear that he wasn't expecting me to ask him that. "W-what? Sure... you can join us." He told me, trying to make it look like he wasn't surprised. "Now then, it's about time to get started!" Midnight announced after 4 minutes had passed, stretching a bit as she talked. "All right! You've made your teams, right? I'm not gonna ask if you're ready or not!" Midnight then told us as we had to get into our positions. Midoriya was on top while bobcut girl was on the left and the girl with the weird gadgets was on the right, leaving me at the front. I was going to be acting as both defence and a scout, as I could tell when someone was going to try to take our headband and I could also stop them.  "Three! Two! One!" Midnight began counting down, raising the heartbeats of many students. "Start!" She then exclaimed as she whipped the whip that wasn't meant for battle purposes.

Many groups of students immediately began running towards us, causing Midoriya to panic. "Well, aren't they ambitious?" I sarcastically asked as a smirk made its way onto my face. "Alright then, what will our first move be, Bomby?" I asked our leader as the groups began to get closer. "Of course, our move is to run away!" Midoriya yelled out, deciding to take the safe way out and making me sigh. "I won't let you!" One of our opponents shouted at us as the ground beneath us turned into mud, dragging us in and making us sink. "Is that all?" I rhetorically asked as in one simple motion, I turned the ground under us back into normal. Suddenly, Midoriya pressed a button, causing the new jetpack he was wearing to make us all fly ahead. While he did that, I quickly removed a line of ground from the ground and made it repeatedly circle us so that it would block any incoming attacks. It seemed to work, as I heard something collide with it. "We're landing." The girl with the bobcut informed us seconds later. As we approached the ground, a burst of wind came out of Bobcut's new boots, softening our landing. "What do you think of my babies? Aren't they cute? Cuteness can be made, you know." The girl who supplied us with the gadgets asked, weirding me out a bit. Why did she call them her babies? "Excellent mobility! The babies are amazing, Hatsume!" Midoriya answered, somehow not creeped out at all by the crazy woman.

I then noticed something interesting as we continued to flee. Someone was charging at us with his six hands shaped like a dome over his bent back, and inside the dome were two people. The frog girl and the boy with the balls on his head. "Watch out. He has Kermit and Testies in his hands." I warned, giving nicknames based on the frog Quirk and the 'balls' aspect. On our other side, another group was charging towards us. Testies then tried to throw one of his balls at Bobcut's boot to stick her to the ground, however, I was able to predict that based on his movements, causing me to raise a small stone wall next to Bobcut's and block the ball. Next, Kermit shot out her disgustingly long tounge at us, thankfully missing Midoriya in the progress. Kermit and Testies then began to repeatedly send attacks at us, causing me to raise a wall between us and them to stop them. The balls stuck to the wall while Kermit accidentally cut her tongue on the wall. Midoriya then pushed the same button from earlier, causing us to rise into the air. Bakugo quickly followed us, using his explosions to get into the air. Using the sound of his explosions, I was able to perfectly time the moment he was trying to get near us and raise a stone hand all the way up to where we were. The hand thankfully caught Bakugo's arm, stopping him from grabbing Midoriya's headband. He then began falling to the ground as I assumed that he repeatedly tried to destroy the stone hand. Seconds later, we had safely landed again thanks to Bobcut's new boots.

We suddenly stopped running as Halfy's team appeared in front of us, causing him and Midoriya to have a state off. "It won't be that easy, huh?" Midoriya asked as I took advantage of the pause to regain my breath. "I'll be taking that now," Halfy said as I noticed something to the left of us. Handsy, Kermit, and Testies had begun charging at us again, however, this time they weren't using a dome. "Only half the time is left! Don't stop moving." Midoriya ordered us as things began to get a bit concerning. More and more teams began charging at us, making it a 1v5 now. I then felt something more important, as electricity began to cackle around Kaminari, who was on Halfy's team. The electricity then shot forward at us, making me have to react quickly. Almost instantly, I raised the ground ahead of us, creating a thick wall to repel Kaminari's attack. Unfortunately, a tiny bit of Kaminari's electricity made it through, giving me a small burn on my left cheek. At the same time, the electricity had electrocuted the four teams around Halfy. Using a stick that he had gotten from the Pony, Halfy froze the ground around him, keeping the 4 other teams in their place. Halfy's team then began getting closer and closer due to us having to run backwards, slowing us down. Although, we stopped running once again as Halfy created a wall of ice behind us, trapping us with him.