Chapter 3: First Tutorial Quest

Don't worry, just like Monster Official, I sorveib

After the horrid experience at school, I went home while weighing my options. Should I or should I not have a fight with my new mom?

I can just whine and complain for a bit, go to my room, start the quest, then apologize to get my reward of getting taller. If I don't do it, I might end up doing something else that is more difficult.

Hm, alright. Let's do it.

Sorry for my words, mom! I'll make it less harsher!

"MOMMM!" I screeched, and I feel like wanting to back out. Shit, where did my cute and pure voice earlier just went to? Did Changdong strangle me too much that my vocal chords got ripped?

What if mom suddenly decides to fling the kitchen knife she's holding at me?!

I continued on with my words before she can deadpan me. I need to stick with the plot. "Seriously, let me drop out of school!" I whined, with a touch of dramatic begging-for-life vibes.

I swear, complaining isn't my forte! Never have I ever had the chance to whine nor rant about anything in my life since I've got no one to listen to me in the first place. This makes me feel awkward.

"I...!" I paused for a moment, forgetting the line I have to say. Pulling out my phone and sneakily looking at the speech bubble, I cleared my throat to continue. "Ahem. I'm not learning anything in school! I'd rather drop out and start being a newtuber!"

Mom then responded while chopping some cucumbers. "Don't make me laugh. Drop out of school?"

I huffed, stomping a foot. That's not part of my act, I feel like it was a habit of the original Suhyeon. And I admit, that's cute.

"School's nothing but a waste of time!" I complained, internally agreeing with this statement, with my phone as a script perfectly hidden from sight.

"And so what if I get into college? I'll just end up with some...some...some mediocre white-collar job!" I added in disdain, with tear drop effects.

But mom just casually replied. "I've got a knife in my hand right now, dear."

Geez, mom. Slayyy!

"If you don't quiet down, I might do something I regret."

And I'm literally gonna be slayed, huh?

It sounds like a perfect threat to me which should be enough to shut me up for real. But Suhyeon's lines are built different. I have to stick with it and see it through.

"But I can make it as a newtuber! I'm telling you!" I insisted, ignoring the fact I messed up my line due to panic, but that should be fine. Even actors improvise their lines when they forget the script. And there's no director to scold me nor make me have a take 2 anyway.