Chapter 10: Just One Hit

"I heard you took up boxing

"I heard you took up boxing. Try hitting me."

I silently stared at the hand that held mine, and I couldn't exactly process what I should feel.

Thrilled? Honored? Scared?

I tried to yank his hand away, but his grip is too tight. "Well, it's not that I took up boxing." I ignored the annoying triumphant smirk from Changdong and his lapdog's faces or else I'll flip their heads over and make them look up the sky for the rest of their lives.

"Actually, what happened was—"

"You don't wanna?" Cutting of my explanation, Hajun then gave me a menacing look, yet somehow he still looked appealing to my eyes. "Should I hit you then?"

Ayooo, sure why not—I mean, no! Wanna hear that in Pou accent?!

NYAH!

Fortunately, I was able to pull my hand away from him before I end up having a broken wrist. Seriously, I can see the handprint of his grip! Not only am I fast to get tired, my skin's sensitive too.

"Wait, no really. I'm not that good. Just look how weak I am." Showing him my arm that can even compare to Tim Burton's characters, I tried to make up excuses, but he doesn't seem to buy it.

"It's okay." Hajun reassured, yet it sounds alarming to me. "If you can land a hit on me, I'll let this go."

That perked my interest. One decent hit and I'm spared? Right, he did offer the same thing to the original Suhyeon. How I wish I can do that, but right now, my skill isn't fast nor strong enough to be able to do that!

"I promise." He added while I contemplated so long. But not even my knowledge of what's about to happen can help right now.

Well, I better give it a try, then. If I'm able to, then I'm a lucky bitch. If not, I'll just end up following along the original plot anyway.

Looking at the cards infront of me that suddenly appeared, I sweatdropped. The only useful one here is the Healing Bean, but it's not enough. And what about the Hit Those High Notes? Will he even drop dead if I sing from the top of my lungs?

Hell naw!

Thank goodness he's not suspicious as to why I'm taking so long to react nor respond to him. He's quite patient, afterall.

"I said, hit me."

Maybe not. Haha.

Seeing Kuja getting annoyed by the other guys with a pitiful expression, I decided it's for the best if I get this over with.

Not until an idea struck my mind again.

Hehe boi, I'm getting creative again. The only problem is if I can do it, and if he'll fall for it. Closing my eyes for a bit, I took a deep breath.

I then threw a jab without warning. And as expected, he dodged it effortlessly!

I'm not even surprised at this point, not when every jab I'm currently throwing, he's still flawlessly dodging them without breaking a sweat.

If I only need to hit him, then that also means I shouldn't get hit either. If I get hit, well, the plot will still go on, but ofcourse it will hurt!

"Holy crap, so it was true."

"Suhyeon's got guts."

"Is she on par with Hajun?!"

"Lol no, he's obviously making it easy for her."

No need to slap facts straight into my face.

My eyes widened when I realized what was about to happen next. I didn't get to land a decent hit yet, and thanks to me getting distracted for a few seconds, I'll end up—

BANG!

Holy crap.

I just found myself staring at the fist stuck at the locker beside me, seeing it left a dent. Had I not reacted quickly, I'm probably KO'ed, or my face is brutally squashed like that too.

Looking up to the person who's also looking down at my slumped figure, I can only laugh awkwardly. "That's, uh, cool! Haha!"

I can't believe I survived and managed to deal with the situation different from the webtoon itself. Which means, I spared myself the humiliation of getting hit!

"So, are we done yet—"

"One hit." He cut off my question with two words that made me feel nervous. What the—he's not satisfied?!

I blinked my eyes at him, and before I can confirm what this one hit means, I dodged out of the way before I get punched in the face.

The fuck?!

If I had known, I would have just accepted fate earlier and let him punch me! Having no choice, I quickly stood up after rolling on the side, preparing myself into a proper stance.

I have no choice. I have to improvise or I'll pass out in shame.

First, initiate a topic.

"Did you know that if you throw a jab to your opponent's jaw, they'll get KO'ed in no time?" I shared as if I was just casually sharing a normal information to a friend.

And voila, it seems I managed to distract him with the random trivia, since his eyes narrowed slightly with his forehead creased.

Second, confuse the opponent.

"A random chicken from newtube inspired me." I did some weird hand gestures to shape the chicken mask to my face. "His identity is unknown, since he wears a mask of a chicken."

He stared at me, judging my soul and the reason for my existence. "Are you going to hit me or am I going to have to hit you?" Hajun questions, probably grew impatient from how long I'm obviously stalling.

Third, fool him.

"Your shoe lace!" I quickly pointed below him with a touch of horrified tone in my voice. Recalling his stats, his intelligence ranks at C. This is my last and only hope!

And guess what? He did look! He looked down! Hajun raised a brow in confusion. "What—"

Wasting no time, instead of another jab, I gave him the quickest upper cut, straight to the chin. Everything happened in a flash. I felt the impact of my fist to his chin, and yet, the tables turned upside down.

I sighed, a palm to my numb cheek as I slumped down the floor. I can say he still managed to hold back his strength. I mean, if he didn't, my jaw won't be intact to my face anymore!

To think he dodged all those jabs and an upper cut barely grazed him, yet I almost got K.O.'ed with a single punch of his.

I understand. There wasn't an upper cut card at all, and I only tried to do it on my own. My form must have been sloppy. This made me realize the painful truth.

There is no plot armor for me.

My eyes then landed infront of the person who's silently looking down at me, a whiff of intimidation swirled around him.

It was Hajun.

Haha, shit. I understand I'm still screwed as well.

~*~