1

RUPI

"Hi. I'm Rupi Miller, and you're Brenna Jensen and Summer Heyward DiLaurentis. I know Rupi's like a totally Indian name and Miller is completely white bread. My dad is super white bread, like, boring. My mother's a retired Bollywood star, though!"
     "Thank you for informing us of our names," Summer says with a confused look on her face. I smile kindly, not really knowing what to say next.
     I'm so nervous, but like my mom says, 'Be bold to get what you want, Rupi.'
     Brenna smiles awkwardly. "Hi, Rupi, why are you sitting in our booth?" I'm confused, but then I realise — I haven't actually stated why I'm here.
     "Oh, right! I'd like an introduction. My friends sent me over because they said you knew him. They're sitting right over there!" I wave.
     Summer looks puzzled. "An introduction? To what or who?" She asks. I smile proudly.
     "Mike Hollis."
     Summer and Brenna almost burst out laughing. I don't really care, but I'm the confused one, now.
     "You want an introduction.." Brenna says, "to Hollis?" Summer finishes.
     "Yes. I believe he is the most gorgeous man on Earth and I think we might be perfect for each other." I explain. Summer nods.
      "Well, here's his number," Summer writes it down on a napkin and slides it over to me.
    "We'll be sure to tell him that the daughter of a Bollywood star wants to go on a date with him!" Brenna exclaims. I slip the napkin in my bag.
    "Great, thanks!" I exclaim. "Bye, guys!" I slide off the chair and walk back to my friends.
     "So? Did you get it?" Bella asks me. I sit down with a dramatic pause. "Yes!" I exclaim finally, jumping out of my seat. Charity leans over the table to hug me. "I'm so proud of you, Rupi babe! Did they say they'd introduce him to you?" She asks.
     "Yes, but they were confused as to why," I say. Bella shrugs. "Well, you got it. I'm so happy for you!" Bella squeezes my arm and I sip my cherry milkshake with a smile on my face.

___________

When I get home later that night, I run straight past my parents and into my room. I pull out my phone and type the phone number in, and save it as 'Mike <3'.
     Someone knocks my door. "Come in!" I yell. It's my mother.
     "Rupi, why didn't you say hello when you came home?" She says in Hindi.
     "Sorry, mom, I thought you were still at work!" I lie. If she knew I'd just ignored her I would've gotten a scolding. I just couldn't wait to add Mike to my phone.
     "Ah, okay." She says, and my father appears beside her.
     "Rupi, darling, food's on the table if you want any," he says.
     "Thanks, dad, but I ate with Charity and Bella not long ago," I slip off the bed. I give my mother and father a hug. "Okay, then. Come downstairs later if you want to," my mother replies in Hindi.
     "Okay. Love you," I say to them both, and they leave. I close my door, and slip out of my pink and blue collared dress, and put my pyjamas on.
     "Should I call him now?" I ask my Magic 8 ball, and shake it fiercely.
No, it reads, and I decide to call him tomorrow.