Chapter 1

"Note to self

"Note to self." Rebekah spoke to the empty room. "Experiment 174 is a success, now time for the test run." She added, picking up her own new and improved ODM gear and strapping it over her shoulders. The gear in question was different to the original, the gas was stored on the back, making it easier to carry and manoeuvre in. And instead of swords, guns were attached and had a second trigger to release the hooks in the gear. Some might say that it was counter productive to have the gun facing the same was as the hooks, but that's why it was only a prototype, far from the complete version.

The brunette then walked out of her home, installing the locks she designed and then walking to a nearby forest. Due to the fact she lived in the interior, it was easy to find unoccupied space. Which, was another reason she despised the locals, they were always so arrogant and narcissistic, she on the other hand, deviated from the same mindset.

Once she found the forest, Beka began using the gear, gliding through the treetops and occasionally hitting targets that she'd previously set out to train with. Without hesitation, she hit her targets and reached speeds she didn't even know were possible with the gear. Now, Rebekah wasn't a novice with her ODM gear, which people wouldn't expect since she quit her time in the training corps early on, instead, she trained herself to surpass their expectations. It was unfortunate that what's she was doing was technically illegal. But she was never fond of rules anyways.

"Now I just need to attach the sword holders to top of the guns, then use the original setup to hold the spare blades. It should work, there's enough space for everything." Beka took out her notebook and began jotting down her findings on the few pages she had left in her notebook. "Looks like I'll have to get a new one of these, too."

After her assessments were complete, the brunette began to head home, walking through the cheerful streets of Mitras. Full of resentment, she rolled her eyes, the people within the interior were so oblivious to the dangers, they even expected the military police to look out for them. Another thing Beka despised; the military police. Majority of them were corrupt and egocentric, they'd been hunting her down for weeks trying to get ahold of her inventions, the woman wasn't happy about it.

"Home sweet home." She sighed when she reached the doorway, only to see that things were out of place, whoever was there last was sloppy, but tried to make their presence unknown. If they wanted to make a stand, they would've just broken through the windows or doors, but the fact her lock was broken and left in its usual position, raised many questions.

"Well, isn't this convenient?" Rebekah spoke with sarcasm before immediately entering her house and rummaging through her cupboards to see what was taken. Everything seemed normal upon a glance, but one she looked at her bookshelf, she noticed some of the missing journals. Journals that contained all her work and ideas. "Son of a bitch. Those assholes took my blueprints, my designs, my calculations." She threw some of the objects close to let out some of her anger.

That was until she remembered that she always carried her recent journals with her, that meant the mps took her old designs, ones she knew were faulty. All she had to do to enact her revenge was to make the adjustments to the gear she was wearing and hunt them down, but first, she needed to check for fingerprints before it was too late.

As soon as Rebekah checked the room, she managed to find some fingerprints on both the bookshelf and her door handle, so she shortly preserved her findings for a later date. Then, she got to work, attaching swords and all other materials to her new machine, finishing it within no time. But now was no time to stop, Rebekah needed to make sure she'd never be stolen from, ever again. After sighing, she got some of her emergency flammable liquid from under her desk. It was inevitable really, but she wished she could spend a little while longer until she'd fully moved locations. Rebekah always thought ahead.

"Finally." Beka stated as she placed the invention on herself, along with some armour she'd previously made. It wasn't anything flashy, just a few shaped metal plates shielding her from bullets or swords. Swiftly, she placed them on her forearms, shins and chest before putting on her gloves, which again, had metal knuckles. "Now I just have to find those idiots." Next, she wore her beige waistcoat to conceal her weapons and walked out of her house. Her first instinct was to ask the neighbours, they were always nosy and on this occasion, it would prove useful, so she walked toward another house and knocked politely.

An older woman, Sue, came to the door after a while. "Rebekah? Dear, I was wondering where you'd gone, two strange men were in your house." She got straight to the point, saving Beka from initiating the topic.

"Yes, actually, I came to ask you about it." The brunette looked down, attempting to appear a little nervous. "You see, someone broke in, they took my mothers necklace. It's the only thing I have left of her." She lied.

"You poor thing." Sue sympathised.

"I was hoping to find them, maybe I could buy it back. Though, I don't have any leads." Hesitantly, she looked Sue in the eyes, a perfect way of making her feel obligated to help, it worked.

"It's not much, but I heard them talking about a priest." The elder began. "Was it Pastor Rick? No, maybe Pastor Mike? I'm sorry, my hearing isn't what it used to be, old age." She laughed off her mistake, but the woman opposite her only flashed a small smile to mask her disappointment. Due to Sue's inability to listen in on a conversation, she'd have to look up every Priest within the walls, a major setback.

"Thanks for all your help, Sue. It means a lot. But I have to get going if I'm going to reach them in time." She waved and walked away, lighting her cigarette bud in the process.

"Bye Miss." The woman waved, ignoring the woman's rudeness. However, Beka didn't have time to return the goodbye, she only had one more huff of smoke to enjoy before tossing the still lit cigarette onto her doorstep, igniting the liquid she'd previously poured. Her work, gone, luckily she had an ace up her sleeve, she'd have to make a pit stop later.

As a result of the change in plans, Rebekah deviated from her original course of action and managed to catch an older looking military police officer patrolling the city, it wasn't rare to catch them. Though, most of them were drunk and it was rare to find an older soldier patrolling with the rest. So this one was different.

When she thought the coast was clear, the brunette pulled out her gun and grabbed the MPs jacket, pulling him into the alleyway she was hiding in. Next, she placed the gun against his head, awaiting him to make the first move.

"What the hell?" The officer yelled, to which Beka simply placed a hand over his mouth.

"Shhhh~" She cooed and smirked at the man. "I have a question, would you like to answer it for me?" Asked Beka. The man hesitantly nodded. "Good. So, where do I find the Pastor? Hm?" She interrogated, if it was important, then he should know what she's talking about. So Rebekah took her hand away from his mouth.

"Pastor Nick?" He questioned.

"That's the one." The brunette spoke calmly.

"He's in the Trost Barracks. Please, let me go." He then changed the subject, but Beka already had what she needed.

"Well, I'd draw attention to myself if I shot you in the open. Bang!" She mimicked the sound her gun would make while connecting her other gun to the blades in her holsters.

Nervously, the soldier laughed. "Yeah, and my team are close by, they'd hear it too." He agreed.

"Yes, that would be a shame. Good thing I have this." Without hesitation, the woman swung her sword across his neck, slicing his throat and watching him fall the the ground. "Trost Barracks, huh?" She then began to walk in the direction, wiping the blood from her blades while doing so.

—————————
AUTHORS NOTE - New FanFic. Also, sorry it takes a little while to get into the story, but she'll join the plot next chapter and meet some familiar scouts.