||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫~||

Harumi blearily stares over the guests that her brother entertains in a large dining hall

Harumi blearily stares over the guests that her brother entertains in a large dining hall. It had been days of this same routine. Greeting guests, entertaining them constantly and being pulled in every direction as important figureheads of every country swarmed Tempest to partake in their festival.

Harumi knew it would be really busy but if she had known just how much it all would be she would have made sure to skip out on some of the lower status people and allowed her brother to take the brunt of the diplomatic needs.

Her eyes drift closed and back open as the marquese from a country she didn't care to remember prattles on about something she cared even less to listen to. It was exhausting being so sought after. Not only did everyone want to meet the fammed demon lord twins who now ruled over the previously untamed Jura Forest but they held an insatiable desire to catch a glimpse of the last forest nymph. Harmui internally decides that she was going to take a long well deserved break after this whole thing.

"Imouto" a gentle voice brings her out of her thoughts and she blinks rapidly, her yee clearing as she sees her brother standing before her, a lopsided smile on his face that doesn't mask the concern gleaming in his eyes. "You alright?"

Harumi gives him a smile back nodding "Yeah there was just too many people"

Rimuru grabs her hand and pulls her outside, navigating through the crowds and into a garden area that was mostly vacant beyond a few children playing. Plopping down on the ground he pulls Harumi down with him and she lays her head in his lap as they both look up at the stars.

"Do you remember when you used to lay your head on my lap while I did my work when you were little?" Rimuru suddenly speaks up and Harumi's eyes shift to him slightly wide at his words. She had never heard him talk about their past life opting for leaving it in the past beyond the talk of creating things from their world.

It was a silent choice that the two had made to not speak of those times as they wanted to focus on the here and now. To hear her brother bring up a memory the two shared tells her that something is on his mind.

"I remember. I used to sneak out of bed when you stayed up late and crawl into your lap when you were at your desk. You would scold me for still being awake but you never sent me away. There were many times you were late on projects due to me" Harumi smiles fondly at the memory.