Truth or Dare Chapter 1

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare," I reply relief to the fact they can't ask me who I like.

"I dare you to.. I dare you to prank call a random number in the phone book!," my best friend Jessica replies.

I nonchalantly run down to my kitchen to grab my moms phone book. I run back upstairs and flip it to a random page. I close my eyes and run my fingers over the numbers and stop on one.

"Gretel John? Sounds like some old lady," I laugh.

"Just do it already, Madi!," Molly yells.

I groan as I start dialing *67 into my phone. I carelessly copy down the numbers into my phone then hold it up to my ear. I hear the same ring I've hear a thousand times on the line. In the middle of the fourth ring, I hear the line click.

"Yes?" A deep voice asks.

"Is this the residence of Miss Parkman?," I ask in a sweet little girl voice.

"She, uh, she just left," the mysterious person answers.

"Oh thank-" I say getting cut off as the person hangs up the phone.

"Whatever!" I yell at the phone that no longer has another caller.

My friends start laughing as I resume the game.

"Umm. Rachael truth or dare?"

"Truth," Rachael answers in her innocent voice.

"Is it true you went on a date with Paul?" I ask smiling at the fact her face was turning bright red.

"We'll uh- Oh Madi, someone's calling you!"

She distracts me. I look down at my phone as a get a call from an unknown caller.

"Hello?" I answer with a confused tone.

"Is this Madi?" An unemotional voice asks.

"Yes who's this?"

"You'll find out soon enough"

The phone clicks and I'm left with the dial tone.

A/N

Hi everyone so this is the first long story I've wrote! I'm going to update as much as I can and hopefully make this good! Please follow me and vote and comment! Please no mean comments :( thanks everyone! :)