7.

| Chapter Seven |

"So what am I looking for here? Something expensive looking or plain and simple?" I questioned Sarah as Rafe and Topper departed from us to go look for suits for the Charity event that was coming up.

We walked side by side into the shop that had our reservations set to try on dresses. She quickly signed in and said hi to the staff since she was a regular here.

"Imagine a red carpet, but less carpet and less dressy. It's hard to explain but I'll help you." She explained with a wink as we trailed down the isles of dresses.

A staff member came over to introduce herself to me as she had already known Sarah and once we told her that we didn't need any help, she smiled and walked off.

"Do they have a color scheme or a theme we need to match?" I asked as my hand smoothed over a beautiful purple dress.

"Nothing too dark." She stated, smiling as she pulled out a yellow dress from the rack.

"See, something nice but not overly fancy." She explained, running her hand down the front of it and hanging it over her arm.

I nodded and kept that in mind, scanning my eyes over the different colors and pulling them out to examine the detail of the dress.

After looking for quite a long time, I finally pulled a dress that I liked. It was a satin baby blue color that had a slit down the leg, showing off my upper thigh.

"What do you think about this one?" I questioned, a wide smile on my lips as I looked at the top part of it.

"It's beautiful! I know you'll be able to pull it off." She smirked, turning to her dress and walking toward the dressing rooms.

I watched her exit the room a few minutes later with the yellow dress on and shook my head in disapproval.

"It's not your style." I waved off and she sadly smiled but went back into the dressing room, coming out with her other dress which was a light pink.

I exasperatedly nodded and smiled as it hugged her curves, "That's the one, Sar!"

She grinned and hurried back to change and zip it up in the plastic bag so it wouldn't get damaged. I quickly entered behind her and tried on the blue dress, my eyes widening as I ran my hands down the dress.

I took a few seconds to admire myself in it before exiting and placing my hands on my hips. "You think this will do?"

She giggled and squirmed in excitement, "Yes! You look gorgeous in it!"

After paying upfront, we both exited the store with our dresses in protective bags over our arms, heading toward the restaurant where Topper and Rafe were waiting for us.

"Took you two long enough." Rafe remarked as we entered, a look of annoyance across his face.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" I hummed, stealing a fry from his plate as I leaned into his side, my dress with Sarah's, hung over a chair.

"He's upset because-" Topper was interrupted by Rafe as he started abruptly talking.

"Topper's tailor... took advantage of me." He mumbled.