Chapter 14: I Have the Plot Armor on My Side!

It's the day

It's the day.

If I manage to defeat Hajun, I'll get a platinum card. Three days already passed, and I was able to do the necessary preparations. I can't possibly fight comfortably if the difference is too much, which is why I had to wear shoes that helped me become atleast 2 inches taller.

Now I only have 8 hours to complete the quest, and I've been anxious since the morning I woke up.

The cards I currently have is the E rank Jab, the Healing Bean, Hit Those High Notes, and the Aegis. Plus the gold card that I'm spoiling everyone rather than put a suspenseful cliffhanger again.

It's an attack card named Maximum Capacity, which lasts for 5 seconds.

I trust the plot. Suhyeon won, so I will win too!

I just have to do it right. Unless I make a mistake, it will be fatal, and everything will go back to the way it was as penalty for failing the quest.

Obviously, I'm not letting that happen.

"Want a kiss?" I flinched, before slowly glancing towards Kuja who's staring at me with such a ridiculous question.

"What the fuck, you bastard." I have to play along with the script well. Not like I have anything else to say, it's the exact line I want to respond to him.

He didn't take any offense to my reaction. "You seem...upset. Is something...wrong?" Hearing that question made me fall into deep thoughts.

Right. Suhyeon wanted to protect Kuja. He's a good friend, not a fake or a manipulator. To think he's been worried and noticed how I feel despite not saying anything.

Suhyeon is blessed to have him as a friend.

I wish I had one back then too.

I sighed, before flashing a fake smile. I don't want him to get beaten up later, since I can start a fight against Hajun in other ways. But we're not certain if the plot will continue, so I just gave him the same response. "Just...stuff about Hajun Gu..."

Kuja's expression changed into a worried look. "Hajun Gu?"

Waving a hand, I tried to reassure him and dismiss whatever thoughts he could think of. "Nah, it's nothing. Don't worry about it. But you know, Kuja..."

"Yeah?"

Even with the short interaction we had from the moment I reincarnated here, I knew right away that Kuja is the only person who cared about Suhyeon. That's why I'll take this opportunity.

I gave him a smile, this time, a genuine one. "Thanks for everything."

Damn, that sounds like I'm about to die—oh wait, I already did. But I'm living a new life now. That's what matters.

Kuja looks more confused as he adjusted his glasses. "What are you talking—"

"Suhyeon."

My heart dropped in surprise when I heard his voice. Glancing at the door, outside our classroom, there stood the guy I need to beat.