The Tipping Point

~Hey how's everyone? I know y'all been waiting for this chapter.Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote 😘.Hope y'all enjoy!~

Preston drove home in a fury, his mind racing with thoughts of his mother's call earlier that day. Denise had told her they would be coming for Thanksgiving, directly contradicting his decision. The anger simmered within him, bubbling to the surface as he weaved through traffic with reckless abandon. Horns blared, and tires screeched, but he paid no mind, his focus singular: get home and confront Denise.

He screeched into the driveway, nearly clipping the mailbox, and bolted out of the car. Flinging open the front door, he immediately called out, "Denise!" His voice echoed through the empty house, and an unsettling silence greeted him.

Denise's car was missing from the driveway, and a quick search of the house confirmed his fear—she wasn't home. Pacing back and forth in the living room, Preston's anger grew with each passing minute. Where could she be? What was she doing? His mind jumped to the worst conclusions, accusations and suspicions festering in his thoughts.

Two hours dragged by like an eternity, each minute marked by the relentless ticking of the clock. By the time the front door finally creaked open, it was nearly 11 o'clock. Denise stepped inside, looking exhausted but composed. Before she could even set down her keys, Preston was on her.

Preston POV

"Where the hell have you been?" I demanded, my voice loud and accusatory. "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

Denise, caught off guard by my immediate onslaught, took a moment to gather herself. "None of your concern" she said, her voice steady. "I could stay out as long as I choose."

"None of my concern? Or did you need time to fuck whoever " I spat, the insinuation hanging heavily in the air.

Denise's eyes flashed with anger. "You know what, Preston? I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. I'm not the one who's been unfaithful."

My face reddened with anger and guilt. "Don't you dare turn this around on me! You told my mother we'd be going to Thanksgiving without even asking me!"

Denise took a deep breath, trying to keep her composure. "I told her before you decided we weren't going. I'm tired of always being the one to disappoint her because you can't stand up to her."

"You don't get to make that decision for us!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the house. "This is supposed to be a partnership!"

"Is it?" Denise shot back, her voice rising. "Because it feels like I'm the only one trying to keep the peace around here while you do whatever you want!"

I clenched my fists, trying to control my rage. "You think you're so perfect, don't you? Always playing the victim, always blaming me."

Denise stood her ground, her chin raised defiantly. "I'm not perfect, Preston. But I don't deserve to be treated like this. You call me names, accuse me of things I've never done, all while you cheat and lie. I'm done being your punching bag."

I stepped closer, my face twisted with anger. "You think you're so righteous. But you're just as bad, if not worse. You make decisions without consulting me and then act like I'm the one who's wrong."