Chapter 16. Internship

Timeskip

Setting

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Narrating

[POV Change]

----------------------------------------------------------

[(Y/N)'s POV]

UA High School

The Sports Festival award ceremony was a nice but simple one, as all of the first-year students were gathered in the centre of the stadium as All Might bestowed the first-place medal upon me and practically declared me as superior to the rest of the first years. Halfy got the lowly and trashy second place medal while no one got the third place medal due to Engine Boy leaving early and the Pomeranian still being at the nurse. As I celebrated, there was a thought lingering at the back of my mind. Why didn't Halfy use his fire against me? He used it against the useless crybaby, so why didn't he use it for me? Did he think that I wasn't worth using 100% of his Quirk while Bomby was? If so, why? What did Bomby have that I didn't? What did Halfy see in Bomby that he didn't see in me? I tried not to let it bother me, but it just kept crawling around in the back of my mind. Why on earth did he think that Midoriya was better than me? I'm stronger, I'm more agile, I have more control and a better understanding of my surroundings than he does, and I have a better Quirk. It just didn't make any sense at all to me.

The issue remained on my mind as I made my way to class, ignoring everyone who congratulated me, including a tall boy with a stupid smile on his face that was walking with a girl with hair that almost reached the floor and a boy that was hunched over with his hands in pocket, which caused him to look like he didn't want to be there. We had the past two days off so that we could rest, and so I was a bit forgetful of how many people were in the hallways. Luckily, however, I was able to get some more space as I reached my classroom, Class 1-A. When I entered, I heard a few people talking about the Sports Festival. I walked towards Mina and Kirishima and smiled when they noticed me and turned to look at me. "The champ is here!" I loudly announced as they both came my way. "Congrats again on winning the Sports Festival!" The spiky-haired boy exclaimed as he patted me on the back, although maybe too strongly. "Yeah, congrats! You won the final with only one punch as well! Also, as the others could see, I got my hair fixed," Mina said before she started digging through her pockets and took out a piece of paper and started flapping it in the air to bring attention to it, "I have something that you're not gonna like." I raised an eyebrow at this, confused by what she was saying. "Well, it sounds like a piece of paper, but I guess you're referring to what's on the piece of paper," I told her as I walked towards my chair and took a seat.

"It's a receipt, of course! Since you were the one who caused my hair to be ruined, I think that you're the one who should have paid for it to become perfect again. I also visited the most expensive salon in my area just to make sure that your pockets hurt." She said as she handed me the receipt, weirdly enough. I wasn't gonna take it, but I noticed a few bumps on it through its vibrations, and so filled with curiosity, I took it from Mina's hands. "There's braille on this," I commented as I felt my hands across the receipt before smiling at Mina. There weren't many times that someone was willing to go out of their way and write something in braille to help me out, which kind of helped not make me stand out, but it was still nice to see someone do something like this. "Yep! I learned how to write numbers in braille!" She then explained as Kirishima looked over my shoulder and at the receipt in wonder. My smile slightly dropped, however, as I completely read the braille and noticed that it said the price of her hair repair was 15,000 yen. "Kirishima, would you pay 15,000 yen to repair your friend's hair if you were the reason it had to get repaired?" I asked him, not being too familiar with this friends stuff. "Definitely! It wouldn't be manly at all if I just ruined something of theirs and refused to pay for it!" He instantly answered, and I could tell by his heartbeat that he wasn't lying, not even a bit.