36 | She Left Me When I Was A Kid

07.07.2023📍

Jimin paces out of Jungkook's room, wanting to go inside and check on him. But he's scared of his temper. He doesn't want to get hurt and he doesn't want to leave him hurting either.

After gathering a lot of courage, he knocks on the door. Jungkook hears him but ignores and stays laying on his stomach. Jimin opens the door and carefully strides inside.

"Don't come here Jimin. Stay away from me today!" Jimin stops at the seriousness in his voice and contemplates his next action.

Suddenly his eyes fall on a bottle of alcohol lying beside his bed. He bites his lips. "Jungkook... Are you okay... I mean are you not hungry?"

Jungkook turns on his side to face him. "Don't do that..." Jimin sees his red eyes, he has definitely cried before.

"Don't do that to me... I don't want anyone's care. I hate these emotions... Don't do it!" Jungkook completes in a heavy voice, closing his eyes tightly.

Jimin feels his chest tightening. He can handle Jungkook's anger for once but he can't see him like this.

He goes ahead and crouches down. "Jungkook, listen to me..." He carefully places his hand above his clenched fist.

Jungkook's muscles get stiff. He looks at Jimin's concerned eyes.

Jimin raises his arm to lightly caress his head "Eat something with me..." Jungkook's eyes get warm but he doesn't want to cry anymore.

"Just go out, I'm not hungry..." He speaks before sitting against the headboard. He looks out of the window before taking another bottle from his side table that Jimin didn't notice before.

He puts it on his mouth and chugs it down without stopping.

Jimin rounds the bed. "Hey... take it slow..." He holds his wrist and tries to take the bottle out of his hand.

Jungkook looks at him with angered eyes. Jimin gulps down and leaves his hand. "It's not healthy..." He mutters and Jungkook stops.

Jimin plays with his fingers. He just wants to help him. "You can tell me what's happening with you."

"I don't want anyone's help! Just go out!"
"Let me help you when you need it! Stop denying!!" Jimin raises his voice just a little bit.

Jungkook wanted to snap at him out of temper, but he just couldn't. Instead, his eyes welled up with tears.

Jimin took the bottle out of his hand and placed it down before sitting in front of him.

He takes his hands. "You can share anything... Trust me it helps..." They sit in complete silence for a while.

Jimin sees Jungkook trying to stop his tears that eventually slide down his eyes. His heart hurts for him.

He leaves his hand and wipes his cheek.
"Jimin..." Jungkook grabs his hand.
"Hmm..."

"Why am I feeling this way?" Jungkook finally asks, his nose red, and Jimin continues to wipe the tears from under his eyes.

"She was never there when I needed her... But today, when she might need me for things... I don't feel right not being there... What should I do?..."

"Do you want to go check on her..." Jimin caresses the back of his hand.

Jungkook laughs sadly, more tears trickle down his face. "Why should I? She left me alone when I was a kid..." He closes his eyes with a sob.