Chapter 17

(Evangelina)

(Evangelina)

Once we entered the ball as a couple, everyone applauded us. I don't know why, maybe because Lucifer finally settled down, I didn't care. All that mattered was Lucifer and me. I could feel a lot of men staring at me with lust, desire, and cravings. Some women were shooting me glares of jealousy and envy. Some of them even ran out of the room crying. As we descended the stairs, I saw Michael's parents. I felt they would be here, just like me, giving back to others. I was happy to see them, they were like a second family to me, but sadly I saw the two people I despise: My ex-husband and Bethany. I chose to pay them no mind. They don't exist to me anymore. I felt Lucifer kiss my cheek.

"Shall we, my love?" Lucifer asked; I nodded

As the night went on, Lucifer introduced me to his best friends: Charlie and Blake. Charlie was a successful lawyer, and Blake was a successful wall street broker. They seemed like very nice guys. Charlie was married with a 2-year-old son. Blake and his girlfriend broke up due to her gold-digging ways. He's a single bachelor. I excused myself to get a drink.

"She's a sweet girl Lucifer; you picked a good one," said Charlie

"Agreed, she's intelligent, beautiful, compassionate, hard-working, and modest. Christine and her should meet," said Charlie

"I think she'll like that," Lucifer said

As I was getting some wine, I was approached by the Cliffords.

"Lina, darling, how are you?" asked Susan.

"Mr. and Mrs. Clifford, a pleasure to see you both again," I said

"Oh honey, you can still call us by our names. Your still family," said Thomas

It made me smile that even after I divorced their son, they consider me part of the family. Thomas and Susan are good people with good hearts. They even supported me when I was divorcing their son. They were furious, as was I when Michael cheated.

"We just saw that you and Mr. Morningstar are now a couple; we're happy for you. We want our daughter to be happy," said Thomas.

They always called me their daughter. Michael is an only child.

"Even though you and Michael are divorced, you will always be a daughter to us. We want you to be happy," said Susan

"Thank you so much; that means a lot to me," I said

The three of us hugged. The next thing I felt was two pairs of hands on my waist. My LuciBear.

(Lucifer)

After overhearing her conversation with her ex's parents, I was happy that she was delighted. Even after she terminated her marriage with their two-timing cheating son, they still called her their daughter. Seeing my Bumblebee happy brought a smile to my face. I approached them to introduce myself and spend some time with my girl.