chapter one

*REedited*

"Secrets I have held in my heart

Are harder to hide than I thought"

                                                                  - WANNA BE YOURS

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N'S POV:

I tapped my pencil on the wooden desk for the umpteenth time staring at the title of the essay Professor had given us; Demons. How am I supposed to know about mythical creatures when I don't even know anything about real creatures?

I took down the last sip of coffee left in the container as I closed my laptop. If I could have plagiarized, I would have done that a long time ago. I stretched my joints as I heard them crack, a sense of pleasure went through my body.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone today... Oh! My takeout. I raced to the front door of my apartment as I paid the delivery man, closed the door and practically raced back to the hall where I poured myself a soft drink and opened my takeout.

Sushi rolls, ramen and tiramisu, what more could I ask for? I gobbled up the sushi rolls slightly wincing at how the wasabi was too much for my tastebuds to handle but I couldn't care less as the soy sauce eliminated the spiciness the moment after.

Happy with the dinner I had, I went to wash my plates but still, the title of my assignment stayed fresh on my mind. Out of everything why would Professor choose mythical creatures? If he had beef with his wife, he should have finished it at home instead of torturing his students.

I dried my hands as I went to the bathroom to have a warm and quick bath. I turned on the shower waiting for the water to turn lukewarm as I brushed my teeth.

Demons. What are the different types of demons? Should I open the bible? No, I would rather read all the boring plays of Shakespeare. All I heard about these creatures is that they haunt or protect humans, none other than that, but the essay asked about something more fictional than factual. That was the problem.

If anyone knows me by now, I am a sore down-thumb sucker at writing things from my brain with imagination. I can't write a story or anything fictional without anyone's help. Stories can suck my- Y/n, calm down.

I got inside the shower as my muscles loosened up and I involuntarily smiled at how my body felt. I just feel so relaxed and comfortable but again, the thought of doing my shift tomorrow at the café early in the morning haunted me.

I got out of the shower as I wore some comfortable black biker shorts and a white oversized t-shirt I crawled back to my bed and sighed in relief. It was a day of living. I closed my eyes but my mind chanted the title of my assignment.

I could think of everything except these mythical creatures.

Name any non-mythical assignments, I will write a hundred pages without even thinking of leaving huge spaces and big chunky letters.

Demons

Demons

Demons

Slowly I felt my thoughts drifting away as my body felt like a feather and my breath became low.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The first chapters tend to suck and this one of mine is just like any other but worse! Consider this as a filler chapter!!