chapter thirty three

*edited*

"I HATE SNAKEU!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N's POV:

I giggled at how Eunwoo struggled to make the cookies.

"If you weren't such a brat and come over here to help me, I wouldn't have the egg yolk on the floor," he said pouting to which I mentally awed.

Starting today, my Christmas holiday starts and I don't have anything better to do, thus I decided to live with Eunwoo until it's time for me to go back to university.

"I am sorry. I will help you," I said as I got off the counter added another yolk to the batter and whipped it as Eunwoo cleaned the mess he made.

"It's nice to have you around," he said standing behind me nudging his thumb against my foot.

I could feel my face heating up as I nodded.

It has been three days since I moved here.

Eunwoo asked me if I could stay over at his house as he openly said he found comfort in talking with me to which I said I would stay over at the weekends but as the Christmas holidays started, I didn't mind sharing this Christmas with a kind-hearted soul like him.

"Help me by bringing the vanilla essence, will you?" I asked as he chuckled and nodded.

He added some vanilla essence as I tasted the batter and good lord it was good.

"How is it?" asked Eunwoo curiously as I took some batter on my finger and placed it in his mouth.

I could feel my face heating up just like Eunwoo's as I looked away gulping at the feel of his warm tongue on my index finger.

"It is good, the chocolate chips add more creaminess to the cookies," said Eunwoo as I nodded.

Eunwoo helped in scooping the batter onto the tray as he placed the tray inside the oven.

"All done. Just wait for the oven to do its magic,"

Eunwoo looked at me with a smile, leaning against the countertop, hands folded, head tilted at me.

"What are you thinking, Mr. Chief Editor?"

"I was just thanking the Almighty for introducing a golden retriever into my life," he said as I gasped and hit him.

"Come on let's go watch a movie," he said defending my punches.

I was just happy, beyond happy.

And I am happy, how Eunwoo helps me forget about this Jungkook guy.

About him, I just don't know. I tried and force my brain to a point where now, his face is completely blurred and long gone forgotten in the back of my mind.

At a time, some other names popped up in my head and their voices of memories, but all those times when I felt scared, I called Eunwoo and instantly felt better.

I jumped onto the couch, followed by Eunwoo sitting next to me as I waited for him to get fully comfortable as I placed my legs on his thighs.

"Let's watch a drama,"

"Let's watch Vincenzo," I suggested.

"Let's watch Island," he suggested.

We looked at each other with crinkled eyes and folded arms.

There is only one way to find out.

"ROCK!"

"PAPER!"

"SCISSOR!"

"YEAH!" screamed Eunwoo punching the air as I huffed in defeat.

We finished two episodes of the drama as Eunwoo turned the TV off.

"We have a date. Get ready, we have two hours left before the date," he said smiling.

"Oh, proposing to me already? Aren't you a bit obvious?" I said sarcastically.

"Oh, am I? I never knew," said Eunwoo as he mocked me.

I threw a light punch on his arm as I went to my room.

"I will put the cookies in the cookie jar," I heard Eunwoo say as I replied to him with an 'okay'

+ + +

I smiled at how Eunwoo talked about his first love when he was a high schooler as I could see his face reddening up at those times they made out.

"She was a lucky woman. Who doesn't want a fluffy bunny?" I remarked folding my hands and looking at the view of the city.

Eunwoo booked a VIP table on the balcony of this restaurant.

"Not everyone should like everyone's personality Y/n," said Eunwoo as he sipped on his wine.

"Any plans on dating?"

"Not yet. I just want to be with you. A good companion you are. Maybe this was what I had been hunting for my whole life. Love of a sibling," said looking at me.

Eunwoo was the only one of his workaholic family.

"I am always grateful for having you in my life,"

We talked of the weirdest things we could think of as our food arrived.

"When does your university start?" asked Eunwoo.

"Unfortunately, the day after tomorrow,"

"That's a bit unlucky, don't you think?" asked Eunwoo as he sipped on his wine casually hiding his obvious mocking smile.

"Don't act all innocent, you could've extended the leave, you just want to torture us," I grumbled as Eunwoo chuckled and grazed my cheeks comfortingly with his fingers as I smiled.

"I will drop you off at school then and also buy you your favourite breakfast. I want my Y/n to be the strong and wise Y/n even in public," he said as I nodded.

Journalist... when will I find the courage to tell him the actual truth?

The night was filled with jolly talks and fun as we both had a great time after so many years.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

One more chapter y'all! Hope you liked this chapter :)