The Damdamin Coffee

At I-Koffee Shop, I waited for my order, browsing through text messages on my phone. "Reunion at 6:00 pm. Don't forget."

I sighed. Our high school class was excited, but I worried about talking to people I hadn't communicated with in ages.

When my order arrived, I checked my phone again. No one mentioned me. I wasn't even invited to the group chat until a few days ago. It upset me, though I didn't want to admit it.

As I took a sip of my coffee, I felt better. Coffee always brightened my day.

Then, a guy with a sunny smile sat beside me. "Hello, Jasmine."

"How do you know my name?"

He frowned playfully. "Forgot about me already? I'm Iko, your classmate."

I smiled.

Iko always brought rainbow-colored chocolate snacks called Nips. I remembered when he used one as lipstick, joking, "How do I look?"

"Silly but cute."

I grabbed a red one, used it as lipstick, and asked, "Is the color pretty?"

Suddenly, it happened—he gave me a stolen kiss and confessed, "I love you."

"Hello?" he said, interrupting my daze.

"Sorry."

"Have you tried our bestseller, The Damdamin Coffee? It sparks emotions and brings love into our lives."

"You own this coffee shop?"

He nodded, and the barista brought The Damdamin Coffee with a note, "Given by our boss to you."

I smiled and sipped the coffee. It warmed my heart, a feeling I hadn't experienced in a long time.

"Are you going to the reunion?" he asked.

"No."

"I thought of going, but since the person who feels like home is here, I'd rather not."

And just like that, The Damdamin Coffee gave me new emotions for the guy I enjoyed talking to in that cozy coffee shop. I knew our paths would cross again.