30. Aradhya's promise

___________💫

Aradhya opened her eyes slowly. It took her few minutes to fully wake up. She furrowed her eyebrows, finding herself in Reyansh's and her room. She moved her eyes towards the door when Reyansh enter. She sit up.

" How I came here? I was sleeping with Mumma."

She asked and making Reyansh nervous all of a sudden.

" Vo..."

" Leave it. I want to meet Mumma."

Reyansh widen his eyes slightly when she started to walk outside the room but she stopped at the door step and uttered.

" Let me take bath first."

She said then went to bathroom. Reyansh who was nervous till now, sighed.

How can I tell her? She is looking so happy to meet her mother..

He thought and waited for her who came out after a while. His heart clenched seeing smile on her lips. She is looking so happy to meet her mother. Perhaps, he has seen her this much happy for the first in Mahal. She got ready eventually and started to walk outside the room.

" Aradhya..."

She stopped when he called her. She raised her eyebrows while he took a deep breath and grabbed her hands.

" vo...I wanted to tell you something."

" hm. Hm."

She uttered. He licked his lower lip. She can see that he is getting nervous.

" What is it?"

She asked again while getting impatient to meet her mother. He sighed and left her hands.

" nothing..."

He said and her eyebrows furrowed. Shrugging her shoulders she walked away from there. He took a deep breath and followed her.

Whereas, Aradhya's smile dropped seeing Dhriti, Jaya and others crying in the room of Maya. Aradhya is not able to see her mother cause all of them are covering her.

" What happened."

As soon as they heard Aradhya's voice, their eyes widen and they looked at Aradhya who blinked her eyes as soon as she caught the sight of her mother. She glance at everyone one by one. Some have horror look on face, while some have sympathy in eyes for her. Reyansh too reached in the room. He gulped as Aradhya started to walk towards her mother.

Reaching near her bed, she called her.

" Mumma."

No movement from Maya. Aradhya furrowed her eyebrows and touched her cheek.

" Mumma.."

She again called her but no movement. Dhriti moved her eyes away. She doesn't have enough strength to look at them.

Aradhya licked her dry lip then glance at Reyansh who now came and stood beside her. She again called her but no matter how many times she tried, she got the same response from Maya. Her eyes turned teary. She does not want to believe whatever her mind is telling her. She looked at Reyansh.

" Mumma...Bol kyu nahi rahi hain"

( Why Mom is not speaking.)

She asked with timid tone. His eyes stare at her with sadness in them.

" Mumma..."

She again called her and shook her.

" Mumma...Maa...Mumma..."