Chapter 1- Hello?

Chapter 1- Hello?

After a long day of constantly being pushed around or being around, I'm kind of relieved of getting back home, if you can even consider it a home. As I was approaching the house, I realized that there was a moving truck parked right next to our driveway. I kept my head down to avoid any eye contact. Once I was walking up my driveway, I heard the commotion of people rustling with boxes. Suddenly a voice cracked the sound of rustling, "Hey there. It looks like we're neighbors." I then froze in my exact spot, I felt my breathing get heavier. "Hey are you okay?" The voice then sounded closer. This made me jump, I then ran into my house.

Once I slammed the door behind me, the stench of vomit and alcohol reached me. I looked around the dark place, seeing the body of my mother carelessly on the couch with a can of beer in hand. I inched closer to check if she was okay. She then stirred while taking another swig of her beer. I sighed while retreating to my room. I threw my bag somewhere in the room and connected my phone to its charger. I opened a window to get the place ventilated. It seemed like a nice day out, maybe I could go outside and eat.

I ventured out of my room into the kitchen. I stepped around the various cans that littered the floor and tried to avoid wet spots which could be a bodily fluid or spilt beer. I opened the fridge only to be met with a ton of beer cans and maybe a moldy lemon. I'm not going to try to touch that. I then moved onto the cupboards after searching through each of them I kind of gave up. I knew where she hid her money. If she could waste her money on beer, I should be allowed to use some of it to order a pizza. Right? I walked back into the living room and looked in the fern in the corner. I looked through it and found 20 dollars this is perfect. I grabbed phone and sat in my back yard to call the local pizza joint. I ordered the regular which was a veggie pizza with a drink. When I call, they already know, I'm a frequent customer. That's technically good. I got up to go to the front yard to pick up the pizza. I opened the side gate so I wouldn't have to enter the darken household. I wandered under a tree and leaned against it. I sat there looking at the clouds. There was then rustling coming from the other side of the fence. I kept my eyes on it, waiting for it to stop. Suddenly a head popped up from the other side making me jump.

"Hey!" The boy screamed as he looked towards me. I just stayed under the tree and tried to shrink into the tree. He rounded the fence and walked towards me in a fast pace. "Are you okay?" He said in a quieter voice as he was in front of me. "You completely ignored me earlier."

"I-I'm fine." I whispered slightly. He stared at me quizzically before nodding.

"I'm Austin by the way." He said with his arm extended towards me. Hesitantly, I grabbed his hand.

"I'm Alejandra. Call me Ally or something. I hate my name." I spoke to him without whispering. That's a change and it feels nice. He dropped my hand and smiled.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Ally. Mind if I sit here?" Without waiting for my response he took a seat next to me, very closely, if I may add. "So what's up?" I wasn't sure how to respond to him, so I just stared at him. "You've been avoiding my question, what's wrong? I know you're not okay, I'm not stupid." I wasn't sure how to respond. Sure, I haven't been sincere with him but I barely knew him. "Well, if you're not going to tell me your problems I'm going to tell you mine. I'm sure you're going to listen." I slightly nodded, since I was going to pay attention. "I had the choice of living my long-term dream if I decided to move thousand miles away from friends who supported me through this whole thing or staying with them and forgetting about everything. They pushed me to come to Miami and follow my dreams. I'm here to record some songs and hopefully get signed by a major record label. But I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it without them. They've always been there with me through thick and thin. What if it doesn't take off and then who would help me through that disspaointment?" His voice was laced with sadness as he spoke each word.

"I'd be there for you." I spoke silently as I placed my hand on his knee. Shock was written all over his face when he heard. A smile then played on his lips before he attacked me with a hug. He held me there, I don't think he was planning on letting go. "My mom is always insanely drunk. I don't remember the last time when I saw her sober. I always come home with her passed out on the couch. When I try to clean up her mess, not even five minutes later she already threw up or spilled something. I hate having to basically raise myself. School isn't the best either. I'm always alone, I only have one friend. I can't believe I'm telling you this." I sighed and looked away.

"Well, no matter what I'll be there with you." This feels like a friendship pact. We smiled at each other.

"Hey, are you cheating on me?" A joking voice said.

"Hey Riker. I totally am cheating on you." I mumbled and pulled away from Austin. I stood up and walked over to him

"It breaks my heart." He added a fake cry which made me smile. "Here's your veggie pizza and your Pepsi." He said while handing me the box and the drink.

"Thanks. How much would it be?" I asked while placing the box near Austin and returning to Riker to pay.

"Don't worry, it's on the house for my favorite person." Riker smiled.

"Thank you so much!" I smiled while hugging him. He returned the hug and laughed.

"No problem. I have to go finish delivering these pizza. Don't forget about tomorrow." He gave me a kiss on the head and started to walk away slowly.

"I won't forget." I replied. He waved and got in the car before driving off. I grinned while taking my seat with Austin again. I pulled the pizza in between us then proceeded to open the box and grab a slice. I motioned to Austin that it was okay to get a slice.

"Boyfriend?" Austin asked as he picked up his own slice. I almost choked at his sentence.

"What? Riker? My boyfriend? Hilarious. He's my best friend." I replied very quickly. Austin gave me a smirk.

"Oh you totally have a crush on him." I felt the blush creep onto my cheeks.

"Shut up." I hit him slightly.