[Venus-centric] Best Friend

-Takes place after "My Best Friend, the Earth!" and a while before "Venus ALMOST had life?!"

* * *

Venus couldn't believe it..

"I have.. a best friend." He muttered to himself, a small smile crept up his lips.

He wad currently alone, well, not really. The Sun was technically with him..

Though, he was currently in his orbit. This was the part he was separated from the others for a while.. (based of "Why is Venus missing?")

He blinked.

"I have a best friend..!" He repeated, a bit louder this time. His raspy voice cracked on the last two words but he didn't mind it at all.

The smile he had was replaced with a grin, he could feel himself lighten up. His usual grumpy mood was fading.

"Haha! I have a best friend!" He exclaimed cheerfully to the emptiness of space.

"I have a best friend!!! Hear that?! I have a best friend!!" He yelled once more, chuckling while he did.

Not only did he get a best friend, but it was Earth!

Venus wouldn't be lying if he said he didn't except being friends with Earth out of everyone else...

Why didn't this happen even earlier?!

He and Earth were similar! Their size and—

"Yeah, should I state out the obvious?" Mercury rose an eyebrow, a smirk plastered on his face.

Of course..

Venus' smile faltered.

He doesn't have life like Earth does. He was like a failed version of him.

What was the point of being similar with all those things with Earth.. when he couldn't even have the most special thing he has?!

Plus, Astrodude nearly died on his surface! He wasn't even capable of living on him even with a spacesuit.

Venus sighed.

Unexpectedly, his eyes lit up as he remembered a certain moment that followed after Mercury's statement..

"You know what, Mercury? If you're gonna' tell Venus the hundredth time that he can't have life then save it." Earth defended, his voice raising up in volume.

Venus was a bit speechless at what he said for a moment, before nodding and smiling along with Earth's statement.

Earth defended him.. Venus' smile returned.

Perhaps this is a start of a wonderful friendship..

He looks towards the view in the star system, admiring it in silence and peace.

Without realizing, he has made his revolution around the Sun!

"Hey, Venus!" A familiar voice called out to him, it was Earth.

His best friend.

"Oh, hey, Earth!" Venus replied happily, floating towards his direction.

Earth was in a good mood too, "do you want to play cards?"

Venus, "sure!"

* * *

-Then, a few minutes later, "Venus ALMOST had life?!" begins..