[ 005 ] when everything falls apart

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
005. when everything falls apart

( song for the chapter:
best  gracie abrams )

( song for the chapter:best — gracie abrams )

          𝗖𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗕𝗨𝗥𝗚𝗔 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗠𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘𝗦 𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗟𝗬 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗡 which caused the two to meet up almost every other day. Least to say, Sirius and Scarlet could not care less about seeing each other when it came to Christmas and summer holidays. 

It certainly stung, watching her first-ever friend ignore her as though it were nothing. She had no idea why they fell apart, or why Sirius stopped talking to her one particular day and never looked in her direction again. 

It was humiliating, when she approached the Gryffindor table to say hello to him, and he merely ignored her, not even bothering to glance at her in acknowledgment to show the littlest respect. 

As a year passed, nothing much truly changed. Sirius continued to make a full of himself throughout the entirety of second year, claiming he despises just how perfect and pretentious she is and still taking every chance to have a conversation with her, good or bad. 

Walburga Black had called her family members and respectable friends over for celebration over the summer, no particular reason rather than to once again show off what a marvellous ball she can through, themes of harmony and shimmering beauty here and there.

Whilst everybody was busy talking, Regulus grabbed Scarlet out of nowhere, dragging her away towards the stairway where no one seemed to gather around.

"Why do you think my brother hates Slytherins?" He asked, "ever since I was sorted into that house, he has all bitter and pretends to be all superior. Do you reckon he thinks I was sorted into Slytherin on purpose?"

Scarlet frowned, thinking about it. "I don't think there's a... strategy. In fact, even he couldn't have just asked to be in Gryffindor. That is not how it works."

"There must be!" Regulus threw his hands up in defeat. "Whatever, truly. Mother keeps on screaming her throat off at him, and he takes out that anger on me! It's not my fault I'm perfect."