LEVEL 101 - "Internship Day One"

LOGGING ON...

A/N: What chapter do you guys think this fic will end on? I originally aimed for 50 but that clearly didn't work out

Also I am SO ready to write sister bonding with Eri & Y/n!!

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

"All we need to do is get the seal, then stamp the contracts, right?" Y/n confirms.

"Yes." Nighteye nods in confirmation, "If even one of you can do that within three minutes, then I'll allow you to stay here for your work studies."

Y/n casts a glance at Izuku, checking to see if he's okay with her doing all the work for them to get accepted, Izuku nods, although seemingly a bit disappointed.

"And you won't go back no matter what?" Y/n urges.

"I will not." Nighteye confirms.

"Alright. Then—" Y/n cuts herself off as she pauses time.

[ PAUSE ]

"God, what an idiot." Y/n jeers with a small grin, grabbing the stamp as she stamps it down on both their contracts, grabbing them as she walks back next to Izuku.

[ UNPAUSE ]

Y/n holds the papers in one of her hands, revealing the seal on both as she plays with the stamp in her other hand.

"Well, I hope we will enjoy working for you." Y/n gives the man a sarcastic smile that drops back into a neutral expression moments later.

"..." Nighteye stays silent, looking at the girl blankly before he slowly nods.

"Truth be told, I already decided to take you both on when I heard you were coming." Nighteye looks at the two students, "Right now, with the symbol gone, the people want not a dim light, but a dazzling one. Even if it goes against his will, I'll make you realize who is the most worthy of One For All right now by having you work alongside the pros."

The two freeze at the mention of the Quirk but quickly figure out what the man is alluding to.

"...It's not your Quirk to pass along." Y/n glares at Nighteye, grabbing Izuku's hand as she heads towards the door. "That's all, right?"

"...Yes, you may go now."

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

"You two found a place to do your work studies at!" Ochako exclaims, looking between the two with excitement. "That's great, Y/n! Deku!"

"Congratulations, Midoriya." Iida reached his hand out to shake Izuku's before turning towards Y/n, "Congratulations, L/n."

Y/n doesn't reach her hand out to shake Iida's, focusing on her game as she spams the buttons, quickly dodging an attack that was sent her way.

"But, man, you guys are really something." A group of four other students walks over towards them.

"Yeah, I mean, you'll both be at Sir Nighteye's agency!"

"And you were recommended by Togata? Good job!"

Y/n refrains from saying anything about the compliments, simply sinking further into the couch with a fuzzy feeling in her chest.

━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━

"Today, we will be doing patrols and surveillance." Nighteye explains to the three students the next day, standing around his desk as he explains what they'll be doing. "We'll split up into two groups with me and Bubble Girl, and Mirio, Midoriya, and L/n."

"Surveillance?" Izuku wonders aloud, looking down at the papers on Nighteye's desk with confusion.

"Nighteye Agency is currently working on secret investigation." Bubble Girl explains as Y/n looks up for a moment, curious as to what they're investigating.

"The Shie Hassaikai is a small designa—" Nighteye starts to explain, but Y/n couldn't make out a word he said, only paying attention to the familiar name.

Shie Hassaikai.

God, she wishes she could just eviscerate those guys... Y/n grits her teeth but quickly evens out her expression, knowing that it would only cause problems if Nighteye knew she recognized the name.

"—it's young head... in other words, the number two, Chisaki, has started showing strange actions." Nighteye continues, turning around a small notepad to show a picture of the familiar face (well, not counting his mouth or nose, which was covered with that plague mask) of Overhaul— or Chisaki, apparently. "His plague mask is his trademark."

I figured. Y/n remembers how the other people that worked under him also wore similar plague masks, though not as colorful as Chisaki's was.

"But designated villain groups are under the surveillance of the police, so they usually seem pretty obedient." Izuku comments.

"It's because there was a big break up once in the past." Bubble Girl starts to explain. "But this Chisaki guy is starting to gather them again for some reason. Recently, he's even made contact with the League of Villains."

Y/n freezes at that, trying to hide her panic— she would've preferred for people not to find out about their newest member just yet.

"—The details are unclear though." Nighteye continues as Y/n holds herself back from letting out a sigh of relief.

"But we haven't been able to get any proof that he's planning anything criminal." Nighteye further explains. "Because of that, the Hassaikai is gray close to black, and we cannot treat them like villains. What we're after is their tail. Be careful not to let them suspect anything."

"Yes, sir!"

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !