LEVEL 105 - "Human Blood"

LOGGING ON...

A/N: Very dialogue-heavy chapter, sorry!

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

"Well then, let us begin." Bubble Girl starts, "Those of us from Nighteye Agency have been conducting N's independent investigation into the designated villain group known as the Shie Hassaikai for about two weeks. What prompted this? An accident involving a gang of thieves called the Reservoir Dogs. The police wrote it off as an accident but there's were a number of points that didn't make sense, so we began tailing them."

"I, Centipeder, conducted a follow-up investigation." Centipeder introduces himself, "In my investigation, I found that, in the past year, the members of the Shie Hassaikai have increased contact with those outside their organization and other groups involved with shady businesses, moving with the aim of expanding their organization and increasing their funds."

"And soon after beginning the investigation," The monitor behind them flickers on to reveal an image of Chisaki talking with Twice, "he was in contact with a member of the League of Villains, Jin Bubaigawara, villain name: Twice. They were wary of being tailed and I was unable to follow them. But with the help of the police, I was able to confirm that an altercation had occurred between the two organizations."

"Since the League was involved, they also reached out to Tsukauchi and me." Gran Torino explains.

"Where is Tsukauchi?" The hero next to Gran Torino inquires.

"There were other eyewitness reports it look into, so he went to check them out." Gran Torino answers casually.

"Please continue." Nighteye requests.

"So after all this happened, we put out a request for help on the HN—" Bubble Girl starts before getting cut off by Centipeder.

"You can skip that part."

"Right!"

"'HN'?" Uraraka repeats what Bubble Girl said, confused.

"Hero Network." Nejire answers, "It's an online service only those with pro licenses can access. You can see reports of what all the heroes in the country are working on, and request help from heroes with helpful Quirks!"

"Even if they're from UA, why are there kids here? We'll never get anywhere with them here. The sun'll set before we get to the actual plan." A hero Y/n recognizes as Deadbolt sighs.

"Don't say that!" Another hero— Fat Gum, exclaims, pointing towards Kirishima and Amajiki, "These two have super important information!"

"Us...?" Kirishima frowns, clearly confused.

"I can't take this..." Amajiki mumbles, clearly in absolute misery.

"Anyway, I think I'm meetin' a lot of you for the first time, so I'm Fat Gum! Nice to meet you! Oh, here's some candy!" Fat Gum tosses some candy over as Y/n grabs one quickly.

He's definitely one of her favorite Heroes now. Y/n thinks, putting a orange-flavored candy in her mouth satisfied.

"We suspect one of the Hassaikai's main sources of income is unauthorized drugs. So I requested help from heroes who are well-versed in those matters." Nighteye continues to explain.

"Oh yeah, Fat Gum did say something like that." Kirishima comments thoughtfully.

"I crushed tons of guys like that back in the day! And then, at Red Riot's debut right the other day, a type I'd never seen before was shot into Tamaki. A drug that destroys Quirks."

Y/n can't help her eyes widening in surprise, looking over at Amajiki. Chisaki really wasn't lying...

"What?!" Mirio stands up, "Tamaki, you're okay, right?"

"Yeah. I recovered after I slept. Look at this cow hoof." Amajiki raises his hand that was transformed into a cow hoof.

"I feel better knowing that you can recover from it. So it's not gone for good?" Deadbolt asks.

For now at least, but the finished version of the bullet would probably... Y/n mentally sighs.

"No. We will hear from Eraser Head on the matter." Nighteye explains, pointing at the Hero.

"It seems to be a little different from my Erasure since I don't attack the Quirk itself directly. The Quirk is an extra part with special function added to a basic human body. Those 'extra parts' are lumped together as Quirk genes. I only stop those genes temporarily, but I cannot directly inflict damage on them."  Aizawa explains.

"Right after Tamaki was shot, we had the hospital take a look at him, and his Quirk genes were damaged. Thankfully, they healed on their own, and he's now back to normal, though." Fat Gum looks back at Nighteye.

"What about the analysis on what was shot into him?" Nighteye asks.

"There was nothin' wrong with the rest of his body. It was only his Quirk that received any damage. The guy who shot him isn't sayin' anythin' either! The gun's in pieces, and the only bullet we had was the one that's been shot but thanks to Kirishima's brave actions that led to one bouncin' off his body, we were able to get one still filled with the drug!"

"And after analyzin' the contents, we're discovered somethin' that made me sick. Human blood and cells were inside."

Human... blood...? Y/n thinks back to Eri, her arms and legs covered in bandages, eyes wide in terror, flinching when Y/n touched her—

Oh.

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !