LEVEL 107 - "Nighteye's Quirk"

LOGGING ON...

A/N: Nighteye's Quirk is so fucking dumb 💀 "yeah I can tell the future but only up to one hour, also only every 24 hours, oh and also it only works 99% of the time so what could happen could potentially be completely different"

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

"Um..." Aizawa draws the attention toward him with a tired drawl, "Can I ask a question? I don't know how your Quirk works exactly, Sir Nighteye, but if you can predict the future, then why don't you just use Foresight to see our futures? If we continue like this, it seems a bit illogical."

"I... cannot do that."

"Mh?" Y/n looks over surprised, it was a good idea, and with how Nighteye was all 'we have to plan ahead,' she would've thought he would agree.

"My Foresight requires a 24-hour interval between activations. In other words, I can only use it in one person for one hour each day." Nighteye explains regretfully.

"In addition, it's played in my mind like a flashback. Please think of it as the ability to watch a film of someone else's life for an hour after activation. However, that film is all from the perspective of that person. All I can see is that person's actions and a little of their surroundings." Nighteye looks back at Aizawa.

Oh. He got the short end of the stick, didn't he? Y/n grimaces.

"Well, that should be enough to let you find out a lot, though. What do you mean by saying you can't do that?" Aizawa questions once again.

"What if in that person's near future, just a merciless death was waiting?" Nighteye  pushed his glasses up. "My Quirk should be used only after we have already drawn out the highest probability of success, when it can be used to ensure our victory. It shouldn't be used haphazardly when there are still so many uncertainties."

"What?! But death is information, too!" Someone exclaims. "We could put together a plan to avoid it!"

"It isn't the same as fortunetelling. I have no conclusive evidence that it can be avoided." Nighteye refutes.

"Nighteye, I don't get it! Fine, use it on me! I'll show you I can avoid it!" Deadbolt urges confidently.

"No."

Deadbolt leans back, giving Nighteye a grim look, "Nighteye..."

The people gathered watch as Nighteye's head tilts down to look at the table.

"Anyway." Ryukyu sighed, dragging the attention towards her, "Let's do this. There's a girl in trouble. That's the most important thing."

"Confirm the girl's whereabouts, and take her into our protection with the most accurate information we can get as quickly as possible." Nighteye stands up once again, looking across the table at all the Heroes.

"I'm counting on all of your help."

━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━

"If only I had taken her back then, even if I had to do it by force, right now, Eri would be..." Izuku looks down at the table where all the students were gathered at.

Y/n shifts in her seat, uncomfortable with the topic as she tries to drown out their talking, focusing on the game infront of her.

"I see, something like that happened... It's so trusting." Kirishima grits his teeth.

"..." Uraraka looks between Y/n, who was tenser than usual with a cloudy look in her eyes, and Izuku, who had his hands down in his lap with a face full of regret.

The elevator suddenly dings, the students startling as they look up to see Aizawa.

"Is this a wake or something?" Aizawa questions.

"Kero! Mr. Aizawa!" Tsuyu looks up startled.

"Oh, call me Eraser Head outside of school. But man, I was going to recommend that your work studies be suspended today..." Aizawa admits with a sigh.

"What?!"

"Why, after all this time?" Kirishima questions, standing up.

"You heard them say the League of Villains could be involved, right?" Aizawa's eyes turn more serious, "That changes things."

"But you know, Midoriya, you still haven't regained my trust." Aizawa scratches the side of his head, "Unfortunately, I'm sure that if I stop you now now, you'll rush out again on your own."

Aizawa moves to kneel infront of Izuku, getting on eye-level, "I'll watch you. If you're going to do this, do this properly, Midoriya." Aizawa raises a fist, bumping it against Izuku's chest, "Got that, problem child?"

Izuku nods quickly.

"I'll say this to give you some peace of mind. The hand you missed grabbing onto did not necessarily mean despair for Eri. Face forward." Aizawa stands back up.

"Yes, sir!" Izuku looks at Aizawa with awe.

"Mr. Aizawa...!" Uraraka smiles widely.

"I'm Eraser here." Aizawa corrects.

"I will follow you for the rest of my life, Eraser Head!" Kirishima declares.

"That's too long."

"Sorry!"

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !