[ 066 ] heaving through corrupted lungs

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
065. heaving through corrupted lungs

          "𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗕𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗨𝗚𝗚𝗟𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗," Evan Rosier dwelled on his absolute adoration for cigarettes, head resting on Scarlet's shoulder after a tired day of Quidditch practice. The two were plopped down on the carpet, backs against the couch where Regulus sat with his legs crossed, boredom littering his structured face. "Scratch that, this is the only good thing Muggles ever invented."

      Scarlet could not thank Rosier enough for bringing these to her, smoking was the one thing she required at the moment. Especially after the shocking revelation Dumbledore had given her. Should she write to her mother? Or, perhaps, she already knows. 

      Should she tell Sirius? That bridge was already hung by a loose thread in her opinion, this information was not worth risking a heartbreak. It was already hard to get someone so insufferably good as Sirius to even like her.

"It smells foul," Regulus coughed, an ounce of smoke hitting his face. The atmosphere between the Black and the Rosier was still tense, and Scarlet and Barty certainly did not have the patience to figure out why. In response to Regulus' comment, Evan exhaled sharply, and a billow of smoke hit Regulus' face, making him shut his eyes tightly. "That's disgusting."

"You're disgusting." Evan retorted. 

"Don't start this shit again," Barty chimed in with a roll of his eyes, slumped down beside Regulus with messy hair and unsteady breathing patterns. Comfort was unusual to the group of Slytherins these days. 

"By the way, I cannot fathom the fact that Gryffindor lost to Ravenclaw," Scarlet wondered aloud, changing the subject to ease the tension between Rosier and Black. "That Potter made his poor team practice day and night." She made sure to add distaste as she mentioned the Gryffindor Captain's name to avoid suspicion (additionally due to her dislike for Potter which somehow never faded away no matter what).

"Ironically, he was at fault for their loss," Barty chuckled as though this had been a great incident, "Ravenclaw's Captain Maleek sent fifteen Bludgers in Potter's way—he was knocked straight to the ground by the end."

"We'd be in detention for the rest of our school year if we pulled that nasty act," Regulus chimed in with a roll of her eyes.

"If you ask me, it seemed like a personal vendetta," Barty shrugged. "Maleek really seemed to target him throughout."