1 | ''not much happens in forks''

"𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴?"

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. Emmaline Li Clement hated the rain. She had only been in Forks a mere hour and she was already missing Los Angeles and its dry, sunny weather. It was a new year, and so it was a time for a new experience. That was what she kept trying to tell herself from the moment she had purchased her plane ticket. At least she had her new, beloved home waiting for her.

After making a small stop at her storage unit to pick up some boxes she had shipped over a week before and about thirty minutes of driving, she finally pulled into the driveway of her new home. It looked just like the photos. The white paint helped the house stand brightly against the deep greens of the surrounding trees. The front door was a dark blue and windows ran along the sides of the house. It was small with only two floors. Two bedrooms, one which she would make her personal library, one full bathroom, and a small laundry room awaited on the second floor. On the first floor, there was an open layout. The kitchen bled into the dining room, then into the living room, which would give her a lot of space to organize her furniture. There was half-bath on the floor as well.

Emma shivered at the cold of the rainy winter air as she shut the door to her car. She leaned down and checked her reflection in her rear-view mirrors. Her black hair was dry and disgustingly straight as it hung to her mid-back from the plane ride. And had she already gotten paler from just sixty minutes in Forks? Her glowing tanned skin seemed dimmer, paler than it had ever been since she stepped foot on California soil. Her chocolate brown eyes lacked their usual life, exhausted from her day of travel.

With a tired sigh, she opened the side door to her Toyota Prius and took out the first of three boxes of her most prized possessions- her book collection consisting of a wide array of genres: romance, young adult, fantasy, classics galore. It was an expensive hobby, but one she held tightly to her chest. Her love of books came from her mother, and she didn't plan to drop it anytime soon.

She made her way to the front door and took her first steps into her new home. The walls were a light crème paint and the floor was a light wood, like the color of honey. Though it was raining, the numerous windows allowed for a good amount of natural light in the room. There was a dark blue cushioned sofa in what was the living room with a side table made out of a darker wood. There was a stone fireplace in the center of the room, which the sofa was facing. Above on the wall was the television, which she had ordered to be attached and hooked up a week prior.

Against the back wall was a dining table with four chairs, all made out of a matching wood to the side table. The kitchen had matching dark cabinets and a backsplash of sun-yellow tile, which made her especially happy.

If she couldn't find sun outside, at least there would be some in her home.

She set the box on the floor in front of the couch, and then walked back out to bring the rest of her boxes in. When she had finished bringing in the other two boxes of books, two boxes of clothing, and her luggage from her flight, she leaned against her front door and huffed from physical exhaustion. She shut her eyes and allowed the sounds of the light rain to wash over her. She preferred the sounds of bird chirping in the early morning or of waves crashing on the shoreline, but she was fine enough with the calm tapping the rain provided.