2 | ''who is dr. cullen?''

"𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 365 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴."

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 since 6:00 am that morning

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 since 6:00 am that morning. The classroom was organized already thanks to the previous teacher, but she wanted to put her own touch on the room. It would be the first thing her students noticed when they walked in and she wanted to do everything in her power to make a good impression.

She had turned on Billy Joel as she decorated the walls with fun photography shots of her favorite film-adapted books and her favorite book quotes in cursive lettering. She had organized a little classroom library in the back of the room with two bookshelves. There were a wide array of genres, plus her favorite stories, for her students to enjoy. She had placed a copy of the book she would begin teaching that day on each of the desks, Othello. Her desk sat in the front left corner of the room near the windows. She had her computer and pastel colored folder files set on top, which were organized by class period and in rainbow order. In the center lay a label with her name in sloping, cursive letters spelling "Ms. Clement." She also placed a bowl of lollipops to its left in a yellow bowl with white daisies for her students to take at their leisure. In the drawers below, she had organized all her pens and writing utensils by color, each in its own separate tray.

It was now 8:30 am and students were strolling down the halls for their first classes. Emma was standing on her desk, finishing hanging up the last feet of her string lights on the ceiling to provide a more ambient and warmer, and less florescent, light to the room. Thankfully, it wasn't raining today, but the sky was covered in dark clouds. The warm light was welcome as there would be no sunlight for the day it seemed. As "Uptown Girl" began playing, she heard the first of her many new students for the day walk in. She turned and smiled welcomingly as a short girl with light brown hair and fair skin walked in with a blonde boy of average height.

"Hi! I'm Jessica Stanley, the junior class president. You're our new English teacher?" Jessica asked, her voice high and chirpy like a bird.

"I am. I'm Emma, but you all can call me Ms. Clement," she introduced herself.

"Sweet," the boy beside Jessica whistled. "I'm Mike."

"We're in your first period," Jessica informed her.

"Well, I am very excited to get to know the both of you. Feel free to take whatever seats and a lollipop." Emma motioned to the bowl sitting on her desk.

"Even sweeter!" Mike cheered, grabbing a blue raspberry flavor from the bowl. "You said we can sit wherever we want?" Emma nodded. "You hear that, Jess? No more assigned seats! Ms. Clement, you are officially my new favorite teacher."