5 | ''only yours''

"𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦!"

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐞 as she made her way back to her classroom from the copy room with a stack of worksheets for the following day

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐞 as she made her way back to her classroom from the copy room with a stack of worksheets for the following day. On Monday, the Cullens had returned to school and she couldn't be happier. She had missed Alice's sweetness, Jasper's gentlemanly acts, Rosalie's elegant voice, and, of course, Emmett's amusing tricks. Edward and Bella were both absent and no one knew why, but Emma had a small inkling that their disappearance meant something.

Emma was especially thrilled when Jessica Stanley rushed into her room early Tuesday morning and dropped a bombshell on her, which only proved her theory from the day before- Edward Cullen and Bella Swan were dating. She had pulled Bella aside that afternoon and forced the details out of the poor girl. Bella told her about seeing Edward in Port Angeles that previous weekend and him taking her out to eat. Monday, they skipped school together and had a talk and here they were- dating. She was amused as Bella spoke about Charlie's displeasure at her new boyfriend.

The school bell had rung about twenty minutes ago and all who was left were teachers and staff. It was Thursday– Carver Cafe with the Swans night! Emma wanted to hear Charlie's own thoughts on Bella's new beau. Charlie was a funny character, his humor often dry. Back in her classroom, she sat at her desk and pulled out the latest assignment stack for grading. Her class had just begun George Orwell's 1984 and she had them write their first impressions on the character Winston. The soothing voice of Josh Groban floated in the background as she made her way through the papers.

Another fifteen minutes had passed when there was a knock at the door. She looked up and her heart skipped a beat at her surprise visitor. In all his grace and beauty, Carlisle Cullen walked into the room, the heels of his expensive leather shoes clicking against the floor tile. He had a humble bouquet of yellow daisies and baby's breath tied together with a pale pink ribbon. Emma stood up from her seat and smoothed out the navy skater dress she had worn that day. "Dr. Cullen," she greeted, her voice coming out slightly breathless.

"Ms. Clement," he smiled, dazzling her as he always did. She would never get used to the family's otherworldly beauty. He offered the bouquet to her and her cheeks blushed a furious red as she accepted them.

"Thank you. They're lovely," Emma told him, her voice coming out a whisper. If he noticed the effect he had on her, he didn't comment on it. She cleared her throat before speaking again. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your meeting, Dr. Cullen?" She had hoped her formal tone would trick her heart into calming its frenzy beat. It didn't.

"It is my pleasure that your meeting owes me," Carlisle told her. Emma's breath hitched, her mind having trouble understanding what he was saying. Hope flared in her chest and she held her breath for the kind doctor's next words. "Emmaline Clement, please allow me to take you on a date tomorrow evening."