chapter 1

aurora pov

new town, a new house without choice. I thought to myself at the moment. As the moving truck arrived, I took a breath, as I heard the voice. of my father, my abusive father who was also a police officer. I thought at the time, as I study the new home of ours or my temporary home for the time. being, it was nestled in the heart of a tranquil suburban neighborhood or it seemed like it was one. the house's outside colors were neutral tones, there was a welcoming front porch.

the house was a two-story house it had a charming look to it. I thought at the time, as I studied the neighborhood, that the house next door was yellow-pale in color house the top. the window was a circle with a star-shaped inside, it was an attic window. for a moment I saw someone move in the window I could not see it at the time, I thought at the time. "Get your stuff, Aurora" my father roughly said, he wasn't asking he was ordering me I thought as I went to grab my suitcases and my duffle bag.

as I walked inside the house, I was in the cozy living room, there were earthy tones. I thought as I turned I saw the kitchen, there was a modern look to it, and there was a small dining room connected to it. I saw the stairs, there was the hallway leading to one of the bedrooms, I was getting the smaller one, I was told by my father. my room was across from the next-door house there was the house window, and there was a circle window with a star-shaped window. As I put my bags down, in the bedroom, I took a breath as I heard my father's voice.

"I want this house unpacked before night falls!" my father yells at the time, as I take an. breath before I go downstairs then I go to leave the house, go to the moving truck start to bring in the boxes inside the house. I went back and forth, it was when the moving truck was halfway empty that I heard my father's voice roughly "The neighbors are here, Kore. Stop being rude. Come to meet our new neighbors!" he joked I rolled my eyes before coming out, there was white hair man there was a man with brown hair. " this my daughter aurora" my father introduced me, " hey" I said at the time, " hi aurora, I am well, this is my father Charles" he introduces themselves all I did at the moment I smiled, in my heart I felt like my life had changed.