i. Quiet

♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ :Chapter one: :

"Optimism, courage, & kindness"

Despite the perception of Binna having a perfect life, it is actually far from ideal. She conceals her unhappiness despite her remarkable beauty and intelligence, alluding to a hidden truth that only a few know. Within the complexities of her life, she becomes embroiled in situations where boys take advantage of her vulnerability.

Nevertheless, Binna is not one to easily surrender, except when it comes to Lim Ji-mi. The very idea of confronting her dominance instills fear in Binna, bringing back haunting memories of being confined in a terrifying room, with only darkness as her sole companion.

Clutching the neglected brushes tightly in her shaking hands, she couldn't help but be reminded of her sister's absentmindedness. Binna had instructed her sister to clean the paint-splattered brushes so they could finally leave, but she unintentionally left some brushes behind, cleverly concealed. Feeling a surge of adrenaline, Binna hastily left the art class, resolute in her mission to find Cheong-ah before it became too late.

Her long, brown hair swayed with the lively breeze as she walked through the busy school corridors. The moment anyone caught sight of her enchanting face, their attention was instantly captivated. However, when she noticed Cheong-ah lying on the floor amidst a disorganized mess of water bucket and brushes, her eyes widened with a mixture of curiosity and worry.

Se-kyung, soaked by water, stands in front of her sister, leaving Binna shocked. The confusing meeting between them stirs up various feelings, causing Binna to run towards her furious twin sister, who appears to be upset for an unknown reason. Se-kyung had even offered her help by reaching out her hand, but Cheong-ah had declined it.

Binna steals Se-kyung's opportunity to tidy up the brushes that are scattered, astonishing Se-kyung with her quick and agile movements.

Binna rose from the floor and offered her hand to Cheong-ah, who accepted her assistance unlike she had done with Se-kyung, and together they stood up. Binna's eyes, a shade of deep brown, shifted towards Se-kyung and her loyal companion, who was unexpectedly her wicked stepsister. In an attempt to establish a friendship, Se-kyung smiled warmly at both sisters.

"I'm okay. I'm on my way home anyway" Se-kyung provided reassurance to the twins, even though they were unable to hear what she was saying. Binna, however, was able to understand her through lip-reading, as it was the only means of communication she had acquired after years of being unable to interact with others

"Hey. Apologize properly" Their stepsister gave a stern warning as she roughly touched Cheong-ah's chin. In response, Binna forcefully pushed away her stepsister's hand and then pressed her forehead with her index finger before grabbing her twin's wrist and quickly leaving the area

- -

The two sisters were exiting the school premises, but returning to their house is not feasible as it holds distressing memories and a feeling of confinement that suppresses their morale. Besides the burden of their family's wealth, Binna ponders over whether her father genuinely perceives them as his daughters and if he has ever experienced even a slight understanding of their yearning for liberty.

Binna's voice went unnoticed, her presence lost in complete quietness. The people around her misunderstood her intense desire as a simple longing, without realizing the desperation that overwhelmed her. Similar to a lonely tune that never reaches its conclusion, Binna yearned to fully embrace the rich array of sounds that evaded her. Her heart longed to harmonize with the world and become immersed in the melodious chorus of life's mysteries.

Binna saw her twin sister standing a few meters away from the commotion that was unfolding right beside them. It seemed that Cheong-ah had offered one of her shirts to Se-kyung as a way of apologizing for drenching her with water from a bucket. As a result, Se-kyung now found herself surrounded by a group of boys who were filled with admiration for her.

Binna noticed the enigmatic boy standing in front of Se-kyung, wearing the same shirt as her. A smile filled with delight and concealed knowledge graced his lips, enticing Binna's curiosity. Despite her strong inquisitiveness, Binna was unable to discern his words due to the distance between them.

Binna became intrigued as she focused on the mysterious boy, quickly writing something in a small yellow notebook. As soon as the popular girl left, a group of boys immediately gathered around him. However, in the midst of the commotion, Binna's attention finally shifted to Cheong-ah, as she let out a sigh before continuing on her own journey.

Binna personally notices the clear indications of her sister's disappointment on her face, causing her to question whether her sister has feelings for this mysterious boy.

Author's note;

How was it? I apologize if this chapter is short as I didn't have much to write about 😭 Moreover, I may not be able to provide frequent updates as I am currently focusing on another story. I hope you can empathize with this situation.

Fun fact about Binna; despite her stepmother's prohibition on speaking until her sister does, she thoroughly enjoys singing. Despite her inability to hear, she composes her own songs without being able to perceive the sound of her own voice

Looking forward to meeting all of you again in the following chapter! 💗