LEVEL 128 - "Bows and Ribbons"

LOGGING ON...

A/N: I honestly want to slightly alter some (most) earlier chapters in this book because I cringe even thinking about them

Nothing notable/major will be changed, just a few alterations to dialogue and a sentence or two getting removed

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

"We're going to be taking care of her in UA." Aizawa informs the small group of work study students monotonously.

Eri looks at the five with a small smile, her long pale blue hair being tied up into two ponytails. Nejire was sitting next to her on the couch with Mirio and Tamaki standing behind it.

"I didn't think I'd be able to see her again so soon!" Izuku exclaims, startled by the news.

"Oh, yay, it's Eri!" Uraraka claps her hands together in excitement, a giddy smile crossing her face as she stands infront of the girl— leaning over slightly with her hands on her knees

"Hey!" Kirishima greets with a light wave, crouching down infront of the girl with his hands on his knees.

"You remind me of my little sister." Tsuyu comments, peering over the back of the couch to look at the girl.

"Your hair..." Y/n starts, sitting on the other side of Eri as she looks at Eri's hair in curiosity. "...it's cute."

"R-Right, um..." Eri plays with her hands sheepishly, glancing down before looking up to meet Y/n's eyes. "I was wondering if..."

Red eyes glance towards Nejire, who replies with an encouraging nod.

"...if you wanted to match with me?" Eri finishes quietly.

Y/n blinks down at the girl incredulously, lips parting in shock as red eyes fill to the brim with nervousness.

CRITICAL HIT! K.O!

"Y-Yeah... that'd be... cute." Y/n agrees, vaguely wondering if it's legal for her to adopt Eri since she's still only sixteen.

Ah, well, nothing she does is legal, so who cares. She's totally adopting this kid.

"See! All you had to do is ask~" Nejire beams, patting Eri's head lightly. "Y/n just can't say no to you!"

"That's not—" Y/n starts, about to refute Nejire's (very much true) statement only to get cut off.

"Now! C'mon Y/n, I'll do your hair just like Eri's!" Nejire grins, eyes gleaming with an unknown emotion as Y/n spares her a wary glance.

Why does she feel like she, somehow, messed up?

━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━

"Nejire, I am not—" Y/N is cut off as Nejire pounces, lunging forward and tackling her to the floor, arms reaching up to try and grab the two ponytails of h/c locks.

"It'll just be for a minute, I swear it!" Nejire promises, attempting to tie the red bows around the hair.

"Get— off!" Y/n grunts, attempting to get out without injuring the girl on top of her.

"Just imagine how happy Eri will be!" Nejire says, finishing tying the first bow.

Y/n freezes, hands ceasing their struggle as Nejire grins smugly, moving to tie the second bow in a much more calm manner now that there wasn't someone trying to force her off.

"...Will she?" Y/n mumbles, remembering Eri's beaming smile from the day after the festival— wondering faintly if it was even possible for that smile to be directed towards someone like her.

"She definitely will!" Nejire declares confidently, not even a trace of doubt in her voice.

"...Hmp." Y/n tilts her head away to lie on the ground of her dorm, goosebumps spreading across her skin from the brisk cold of the hardwood floor.

Nejire had insisted on getting the two in matching outfits— a plain white dress with three black buttons at the top accompanied by a black collar, the dress ending and flowing loosely around her knees.

Y/n tried to argue with the idea but was stopped when she was Eri positively glowing at the idea of getting to match with her.

"Aaand... there!" Nejire pulled back with a proud grin, standing up and leaving Y/n alone on the floor. "C'mon, let's—"

"Can't I just stay here?" Y/n groaned, annoyed by the theatrics as she stares up at the ceiling in misery.

"Maybe I can just rot away—"

"Y/n!"

━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━

"Look! Look! We match!" Eri twirls with a beaming smile up at Y/n.

"Yeah." Y/n agrees dryly, tone sounding bored and uninterested despite the fond look in her eyes.

"Hehe~ Look at them!" Uraraka gushes, looking at the two (mainly Y/n) with a smile, "Eri is adorable! Y/n looks so pretty, I wonder if I could get her to dress up like that again?"

"R-Really pretty..." Izuku agrees, a blush dusting his cheeks.

"Deku, if you asked—" Uraraka turns to look at Izuku with a determined look. "—then I'm sure she would agree!"

"Eh? Really? I don't think—" Izuku tries only to get cut off.

"Please just try!" Uraraka pleads, dramatically moving her hands into a praying motion. "Just look at her and tell me you don't want to see this again!"

Izuku's eyes stray towards Y/n, face burning at the sight of the girl looking out the window idly, E/C eyes sightly narrowed as she watches a bird fly by.

"Alright..."

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !