LEVEL 130 - "Ranking"

LOGGING ON...

A/N: If I were to write another JJK x reader, would you guys prefer a Mitsuri (Demon Slayer) inspired reader or a Fischl (Genshin Impact) inspired reader?

I'm honestly torn because while I love what I have based for the Mitsuri Reader, Y/N being inspired by Mitsuri is so common. Plus, Fischl Reader has been so fun to write and she's not used frequently; I've only seen someone inspired a Y/N off of her once!

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

"But why are you guys back at U.A?" Sato inquires, holding a tray of tea out in front of him.

"We came to let you know we're in business again!" Pixie-Bob announces with a giddy smile, excitement basically radiating off of her.

"You are?" Yaoyorozu's head tilts to the side, surprise crossing her features before she washes away her surprise to smile at them softly. "Congratulations."

"Ragdoll, you're working again?" Izuku questions, confusion evident across his features. "I thought your Quirk was stolen, so you were suspending activities—"

"It's not back!" Ragdoll interrupts before Izuku could finish what would no doubt turn into another rant of his. "I'll be doing office work to support the other three. Office Lady Cat!"

"We received a report from Tartarus, though." Pixie-Bob admits, glancing off to the side briefly with a complicated expression.

"They're still trying to pin down just how many and what kinds of Quirks he's hiding..." Pixie-Bob lets out a sigh, eyes moving up to look at the student again. "Currently, not letting him do anything is the only way we'd can contain him."

"Then why are you starting up again this time?" Yaoyorozu inquires, a confused expression placed on her face.

"This will be announced later, but for the Japanese Hero Billboard Chart we were ranked 411 for the second half of the year." Mandalay explains, earning an excited gaps out of Izuku.

"The Japanese Hero Billboard Chart! Based on the total from the number of incidents resolved, contribution to society, and citizen approval rating! In other words, the higher the rank, the more that hero has brought smiles and peace." Izuku rants, words rushed out as he explains it to no one in particular.

"Last time, you guys were ranked 32." Izuku points out.

"They dropped that much?" Y/n mumbles, eyes flickering up from her phone. She was leaning against the armrest of the couch with Kota sitting next to her— watching over her shoulder as she continues to play the game.

"I see! It's because you dropped in the rankings!" Kirishima exclaims in realization, "Do your best!"

"No, meow!" Ragdoll shoots down Kirishima instantly. "How are we still in the three digits even though we haven't done any hero work?"

Kirishima visibly pauses, looking at Izuku for answers only to get an equally as confused shrug form the boy.

"The approval rating component gave us a boost." Tiger explains.

"There are people waiting for us." Pixie-Bob smiles faintly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"We can't just stand still!" Ragdoll jumps forward, arms raised in the air excitedly.

"Is that how it is?" Kirishima mumbles in acknowledgement— truly understanding what the situation is now. "You're so manly, Wild Wild Pussycats!"

"So loud." Y/n mutters in annoyance, spamming the buttons on her phone as she finally kills Benares— the dragon dying as the win animation plays, showing the familiar Valkyrie in her pose and her results. Kota watches with wide-eye; amazed by the show of abilities.

"Speaking of which, they haven't announced results for the second half of the year yet, huh?" Mina recognizes. "A lot has happened."

"A billboard chart without All Might, huh?" Ojiro puts a hand on his chin thoughtfully. "I can't wait to see how the rankings end up."

That bastard will probably get first. Y/n acknowledges, e/c eyes narrowing in frustration as memories of white hair and blue flames flicker through her mind.

I don't like All Might, but he would've been so much better than him, of all people... A frowns tugs on her lips as she continues to play the game.

Realistically, she knows that All Might didn't mean it literally that he saves everyone, but with how often he claims it she just wishes that, maybe, he could've also saved her and Tou—

"—/n? Y/n?" A familiar voice says from next to her, a light tugging on her arm as Y/n glances down to see Kota looking up at her in worry.

"Huh? Oh..." Y/n blinks slowly, momentarily stunned into silence at the concern in Kota's eyes.

"Pft." Y/N's lips quirk up, amused by seeing the kid so worried for someone like her— as if she deserves even an ounce of empathy from anyone.

"Don't worry about it, kid. I'm fine."

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !