Chapter 30: Should You Start a Harem?!

"—hyeon

"—hyeon."

"Huh." The moment I opened my eyes, the ceiling greets me first as always. I'm sure I woke up inside the room we often use whenever Hyeondong passionately gives us a briefing.

"Suhyeon?" Speaking of the devil. Looking around, there I saw Hyeondong holding my hand and placing it to his face. "Are you alright?"

I immediately frowned. "Do I look alright to you?" Sitting upright since they thought it is better to have me laid down in their T-shaped desks rather than the bed in the infirmary, I stared at him. "Why am I here?"

"I found you passed out in the alley and brought you here. I heard you fought Jaeha Han." That's not what I wanted to hear, but I guess it's enough since hearing that made me remember what happened.

I was fighting Jaeha using that complicated On! Off! card, and when I stared straight at the blurry timer, everything went black.

Did I get knocked out by Jaeha or did the card render me unconscious for some unknown reason?

But seriously, despite the simple description of that exclusive card, and even if the system explained its function, I still don't get it.

I mean, if I use the first time I experienced it as an example, turning on the switch made me awaken my future possible stats like what that guy behind the system said.

That's one thing I easily understood. But when it comes to the varying effects of the counterpart, it sounds complicated. Does the counterpart pertain to the literal opposite of on, the off switch?

No, I don't think so. When I tried to switch it off due to the appearance of a button, it didn't even budge. And there's this suspicious blurry timer, too.

Counterpart may mean equal yet different or to put it simply, equivalent, and it's simple to say that on and off are counterparts, but it clearly emphasized the effects.

Besides, he mentioned in the last part that it is not difficult to do the opposite. So whether the switch is on or off, the opposite could be losing the buff that the card gives. That probaby means there's an equivalent consequence in a particular switch.

The On! Off! card didn't say it had a duration or limit like the other cards I have, but I passed out when that timer blurred out worse than the first time I looked at it. Was the timer the signal then? Or did I just not pay attention to the card description?

I held my head, a combo of stress and confusion slowly toasting my dumb braincells. Damn it, I should've picked the Leap of Fate card instead!

"I heard what happened. Jaeha Han, that bastard...sneaking up on you like that..." Hyeondong sighed with his eyes closed. "Fortunately, you don't have much injuries. He must have really knocked you out in one shot. Such a dirty bastard."

The confusion I have is immense, I can only crease my forehead and furrow my brows. "What?" I was winning, though? Not me specifically, but thanks to the card, there's no doubt that I should've won!