Chapter 37: Get That Thing Away From Me!

I've done my part to make sure his potential does not go to waste

I've done my part to make sure his potential does not go to waste. All Kuja has to do is believe in himself, and let go of any self doubts. That way, he can become a real yakuza.

And ofcourse, the attack card he received alongside the level up cards is going to be his signature fighting style.

Systema

A military martial art, yet he made it look like simply stabbing and poking his rock n roll hand sign to his enemies' bodies. Either way, he'll win against them, since they all looked down on and him and lowered their guard.

For the sake of my peaceful inner monologue, I ignored Hyeondong's words stemming from his doubtful mind as I looked out of the window. It won't take long for Kuja to wrap up the fight.

But he's probably savoring the new feeling of strength and confidence. He might be thinking how cool he is right now. The thought made me grin in amusement.

Later...

"You took them down all by yourself?!" Look at the sudden flip. Hyeondong now looks happy unlike his panicked state earlier. "Incredible! You're the best, Kuja!"

Kuja sat by the edge of the window in a dramatic pose. "I did not wish to resort to violence. But they forced my hand. Had I not fought back, you could all have been in danger."

Not only did Hyeondong fawn over his victory, even the girls joined in and found it entertaining. "You mean you battled them to keep us safe?!"

"Yes, especially since we also have ladies present." Kuja responded to his question, and it's a surprise he no longer speaks with such gravitas. But the vibes are still there. You know what I mean?

The said ladies are amused. "Eek! He says he fought for us!"

"Eeeek, so cringe! That makes me wanna barf!"

"Worry about us?! Uh, like, can you not?"

"Not kidding here, Gukja! We hate it!"

Poor Kuja. If it was Hajun, they'd probably react differently. I suppose pretty privilege does exist.

Anyways, I'm curious how much more will he grow from here? His potential is an S for a reason. Surely, there's more to see in him.

"Hyeondong. Get me some water." Ah, this dude really loves water. That's good, stay hydrated folks, but drink in moderation. There's a case of water intoxication by the way.

"Water, my ass. Get out of our room." I almost forgot that we were at our room. Chaerin crossed her arms while her two friends stood behind her.