One night in a strange city

Life is so unpredictable, you don't know what will happen next. One moment you have everything and other moment you loose everything you had. Life is such a rollercoaster with every emotions.

Viradya's life has finally come on the right rail , doing her phD in biotechnology from a well known University in France. Coming alone from India to France was never easy for her. It was always a strange city to her filled with unexpected surprises.
She has finally adjusted a little to the environment, with all the hustles. Everything was going normal when one day she witnessed something that she shouldn't and that changed everything.

As usual Viradya was going to her dormitory after doing her research work late night before Christmas break. Putting her headphones on listening to Hanuman chalisa , she walked in the alley, It was snowing heavily. She heard a voice coming from one dark alley, she got scared a little. Then she saw a man running out from that alleyway. 

She didn't felt good , her heart was pounding very fast. She took a deep breath and moved forward to check, it was difficult to see anything as it was snowing and the alley was very dark , she lifted her umbrella and narrowed her eyes to look when something grabbed her feet.  She got scared , a little scream left her mouth. 

Viradya's pov ~~

I was checking the alleyway when a man grabbed my feet . He was in a very bad condition, bleeding so much. I got panicked but panicking will not help right now. With his condition given , he needs treatment urgently. 

"Ohh my god , hey !! Are you okay ?? "

"So ...soleil.......hos ....pital!!"

He whispered in a weak voice, I tried to listen to his words as my ears were near his mouth.

" soleil hospital ! .....Hey ?? Hey ???..."

I tried to wake him up , but he didn't responded. I took my phone out from my over coat and called for an ambulance. 

I was in the ambulance with him, as one person is need. So I decided to go , this is the least I can do.

"Mr.Ambrose !!!!... Take him to the emergency room right now!! "

One doctor shouted, does he know him? I can't stay here for long, when suddenly I saw the blazer I was holding in my hands. It was his ...I searched for his phone, It was inside his blazer's pocket. I took out the phone and slid up, it opened !! He doesn't have any password on his phone? There were lots of missed calls from a guy named josh. I called in his number.

" Hey ! Bro where are you ? We have been waiting for you since the evening, Where are you ?? Boss is also asking for you!! "

The man on the phone just bombarded the questions .... 

" umm...hello !! "

" Who are you ? And why his phone is with you ? "

" Your bro is injured , please come to this hospital "

Saying that I sent him the location. I looked at the emergency room where doctors were performing the surgery on him. Why that man stabbed him?? Is he a bad guy ??
I shrugged off my thoughts and giving his belongings to the receptionist I went back.

I reached my dormitory and got welcomed by bullet shot of questions. My roommate and best friend, Rachel continuously bashed me with her questions.

"Where were you , why you didn't picked up my call ....do you know how worry I was ??"

" Calm down girlllll..... I'm back within time . Stop being over dramatic"

" I was so scared thinking something happened to you "

I chuckled , why would something happen to me ?

" An accident happened in the alley, that's why I got late "

" Accident?? Are you okay ?? Huh??" 

Rachel said , checking on me making sure I'm not injured anywhere. 

" I'm fine !!! There was a man who got stabbed , so I took him to hospital "

" What ?? Why did you help a stranger ? What if he's a dangerous man ?"

" What ?? "

" Why not?? What if he's also some kind of mafia or from a gangster gang ? Why did you get involved in someone's business? "

" Stop watching those mafia dramas , and what do I supposed to do , leave him dying there when he clearly asked for my help ? "

" Just change your route from now on, you will not come from that alley !!! Or should I pick you everyday... "

"Girllll....calm down !!! There's no need to change the route !!! "

Rachel looked at me, I know she's worried about me but alley is the only shortcut to our dormitory. I don't have energy to waste on those 2hours long ride neither I will ever travel that long distance everyday.

" I'm hungary !!"

" Oh!! Let's eat , I have made your favourite"

" Really ??? "

She nodded her head , I hugged her in happiness.

" You are the best !!! I love you so much !!" 

" Enough!! Let's eat " 

I smiled at her

A/n pov : Thank you all for reading this chapter.
I hope you liked it, so don't forget to tell me your thoughts on this chapter or your fav parts .... I'll be happy to know that.

Keep reading, as more exciting chapters are waiting for you.

See you all in the next chapter...🩷