Chapter 41: It's Not Good for the Lungs

"So this bag contains the secret behind whatever business South Gangbuk High's running?"

"Yep!"

I glanced at them both. "Shall we open it then?"

Haru's response is just as fast as his reflexes. It seems he forgot his frustration against me as he excitedly wiggled around the suitcase. "Let's do it!"

Kuja held his chin in thought. I bet he's also interested to know what the suitcases contains.

Reaching out on the first suitcase, I tapped its side to grab the zipper. "Open it, open it, open it!!!" Hearing Haru's excitement is rather intriguing. He's super impatient and that's cute.

"I'm opening it, chill out honey."

"Exciting, this is." Kuja, as always, speaks with such gravitas.

[System]
I'm excited too!

Funny. Just shut up, son of a bitch.

The moment I opened it, I am greeted with familiar patches the same as the ones I saw in the webtoon. "Woah..."

Haru looks curious and excited, as if he's a kid looking forward to the gift he received during Christmas. "What?! What is it?! Is it a bomb?!"

Is he that intrigued to see a bomb? That scares me for a bit, haha.

Grabbing one of the patches from the suitcase, I showed it to him. "These are it."

"What are those?!"

Looking back to make sure I remember it right, I nodded my head. "Pain relief patches. Fentanyl."

That made him fall into deeper confusion and curiousity. "Like the ones you stick on your body? So this is how they're making money?"

I'm not entirely sure how Seok makes money with it either. I guess they just simply sell it to other students discreetly? Why don't they sell vitamins instead?

"Aren't these mainly used by old people?" Kneeling and crouching down beside me, Haru also grabbed one patch to observe it. Kuja, however, remained standing infront of us. "Maybe Seok's been seriously injured?"

Looking up to Kuja, I'm contemplating whether I do the explaining part or wait for him to step up. But maybe I can have a say about this somehow.

"Kuja, look. These patches contain fentanyl." Showing it to him, he looks like he recognized it in an instant.

Haru tilted his head in confusion. "But what is fentanyl?"

"It's like a pain reliever." I simply answered. "You know, an opioid. Very dangerous when misused."

"It's a drug that should not be abused by any means." Kuja decided it's best to add something after my response to Haru's question.

We looked up to him as he continued his explanation, a hand holding one patch while the other pushed up the bridge of his eyeglasses as usual.