Chapter Five: Criminal Minds

YELI

Von's melodious, meditative hum gradually transforms into an exasperated groan, filling the lemon-scented air around us. I leave my sacred place and open my eyes to my lover's gaze. Positioned on a yoga mat, he's sitting across from me with his legs crossed. The morning sun's mellow rays grace his onyx skin, casting a godly gleam upon him. Donning luxurious Versace underwear, he emanates the majesty of an African deity. My beloved's luscious lips form a solemn line, and his forehead creases with contemplation. Something's gone astray in our kingdom.

"We made a mistake," he rules.

I exhale a light laugh and absentmindedly scratch at my bonnet. "Alright, maybe it wasn't the wisest idea to house two exes, both taking anti-depressants, under the same roof."

"Especially when one of them suffers from a chronic illness. When Amel's in pain, their irritation levels rise to the moon." I grimace as last night's transformative idea now seems like an impending tragedy. "They're bound to clash," Von's timbre rumbles. "It's like we handed two bickering toddlers knives and asked them to hug each other." And that's precisely why we shouldn't have kids.

With a nonchalant shrug, I blow my lips and recline on my arms. "Well, perhaps it won't be that disastrous. I mean, there are no firearms in the guest house...right? And you have Mel's keys, so she can't access her Glock," I reason optimistically. "In the worst-case scenario, Cici might unleash her pepper spray on Amel, or they could resort to stabbing each other with kitchen knives."

With gleaming almond eyes, Von chuckles, showcasing his pearly teeth. "You truly believe this could end well, baby girl?"

"I can't say for certain," I say, grinning and batting my eyelashes. "But in my best Oprah impression, what I know for sure is those girls miss each other. They're suffering in their separation. If they go out with a bang, so be it. This week will either conclude in friendship or death."

Von mirrors my playful grin, then slips his thick tongue between his lips. "I love it when you get a little morbid."

"Oh, really?" I ask, raising an eyebrow playfully.

"Yeah, it makes me so hard when you're on that Unsolved Mysteries, First 48 shit," he says. Though a slight chuckle vibrates in his tone, his naughty smirk surfaces. A clear outline at the center of his boxer briefs hints at something long and heavy, demanding attention.

I uncross my legs and pat the soft cotton of my panties, petting a purring kitten. As I do, a sinister grin creeps across my face. My voice transforms, taking on the drawl of a murderous Southern mistress. "Well, sugar, why don't you mosey on over here and teach this little kitty cat a brutal lesson?"

Von's laughter matches the swiftness of his powerful physique. With tenderness, he pins my giggling, petite frame to the cool floor. My delectable husband showers my body with kisses, and the Chronicles of Amel and Cierre fade. They'll be more than fine. Whenever their stubborn selves come close, a chemistry reaction inevitably manifests. Instead of murdering one another, we should be more concerned about them fucking.

***

Boaw, boaw, boaw, boaw, boaw, boaw, in your ho, yeah

Young Nudy, Peaches & Eggplants (ft. 21 Savage)

***

Do y'all like little, quick perspectives from side characters or is it a chop? They'd be rare, more like for interludes or if something major happens

Do y'all like little, quick perspectives from side characters or is it a chop? They'd be rare, more like for interludes or if something major happens. I'll also post them before or after longer chapters so it's not too much of tease.

Taylen (he/him)