46: Odd eyes

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"Sire. I found something." Elder Lee had his head lower, a booklet in his hands which felt quite old because of all the yellow papers it showed.

After Taehyung left with Jimin, Jungkook couldn't do anything else except focus on each and every word his human mate threw at him in rage. Even if it was rage, he believed that he must've gone through the worst in the place to act all feral after having his limits broken.

Residing inside his silent room, he just stared at the wall where a visible crack was a painful reminder of the night he made Taehyung go through terror. How much he was trying to explain, but his wolf didn't let him, all while screaming in his mind to stay put because their mate was bluffing lies?! And what did he do? He let his wolf do whatever he wanted to... even when the other side was a bit off, fighting as well, yet he couldn't understand much at that moment. It was such a shame.

"Sire?" Not receiving any reply from their leader, Jimin softly called him after seeing a frown on Lee's face.

Blinking slowly when he was back to reality, Jungkook hummed lightly, keeping his eyes focused on his hands now, the same hands he used to throw the fragile body at the hard wall...

"Jimin, can you leave us alone? I want to talk with Sire." It was not very much appreciated, but he had to follow.

Once out of the room, he felt the room out of his limits to hear anything inside, and that made him sigh in defeat. Slumping on the couch in the living room, his mind wandered off to the words Taehyung said to Jungkook, to him, and then to Hoseok. Now, noticing it all, he was aware of one thing, something big was hidden from their eyes.

Jungkook's wolf was always a bit of a hassle to control, but now, when Taehyung was his mate, he couldn't be this harsh with his family... his mate. There was someone else playing a major role, even twisting their senses as well. But who?

Lee took a soft breath before placing the old booklet beside Jungkook, who was on the floor. "Sire, after searching all night, I found this in very old records of my grandfather."

When he noticed that Jungkook wasn't saying anything, he continued after licking his lips. "If you remember, he was adamant about making some secret spells along with the witch friend of his before the whole chaos broke between the two clans, and the witch was killed during that."

The mention of that event that changed the whole bond was really saddening. Decades ago, when someone planted a seed of hate between two clans, their friendship turned into pure animosity, leading to the worst war of the time and the loss of many witches, warlocks, and werewolves. The leaders of the two clans were killed during the war as well, and after many tries by some elders, the war stopped with a strict rule of staying disconnected forever. It still brings a whole lot of emotional issues to mention in front of elders who lost their loved ones in the war that was ignited by a traitor, burning down a beautiful friendship among people and leading to their downfall.

Elder Lee gulped thickly to keep his own emotions in control because he lost his father in that war, and stared at Jungkook.

Having a twitch of brow in the form of a response, Lee opened a specific page with the utmost care, not to shred it in the process. "Seems like he finished making that spell on his own after her death."

Frowning at the list of things written there with a recipe-like formula, Jungkook glanced at the elder. "What's that spell about?"

Now, this was the thing that made the elder quite nervous in front of the leader, knowing well of his anger issues. "Sire... After reading it thoroughly and consulting some more books, I believe this spell is... um, this spell is to make someone able to bear a child."