LEVEL 132 - "Signal Lost"

LOGGING ON...

A/N: I have so many ideas for books that I want to write and don't know which ones to do 😵‍💫

Mostly going to focus on the JJK x Fischl!Reader and this book since they're my current favorites to write! But I'm still trying to get the next chapter of 'Mechanical Heart' written, promise!

Also might make a BNHA oneshot book although that's not a priority right now, I'll tell you guys if I do end up posting it!

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

"Most years, the provisional licensing exam includes a section on disaster rescue. So, today—" Aizawa pauses his sentence briefly, clicking something as two lists of names project onto the Baird behind him. "—we will split the class into two teams of ten and have a training based on something similar to what will be on the exam."

Y/n looks up from her paper where she had been absentmindedly sketching a cat, skimming the lists briefly before eventually finding where her name is.

"Team A..." Y/n mumbles, eyes scanning down the list as she pauses before shrugging— noting the difference in terms of power compared to the other team

Her, Izuku, Todoroki, Bakugo, and Tokoyami were all on Team A, along with some other rather capable classmates like Iida and Yaoyorozu.

Huh... putting Izuku and Bakugo on the same team? Y/n's brows furrow at the undoubtedly horrible idea.

Well, Y/n supposes it's good that it's only rescue training, not much can go wrong there.

"Everyone change into your costumes immediately and go to Ground Beta."

━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━

"I, class representative Tenya Iida, have been designated as the leader of Team A." Iida declares firmly, authoritative tone drawing everyones attention.

"Everyone, let us complete this rescue training so we do not bring shame to U.A.! In order to do that, your drive and hard work will be necessary, but regarding—" Iida continues droning on with his seemingly endless spiel.

"He's still talking... He always talks for so long..." Denki complains quietly.

"Come on! Let's just start the training already!" Kirishima prompts excitedly, eager to get started.

"Everyone, I understand your eagerness, but let us consider the situation one more time before we begin." Yaoyorozu suggests lightly; walking forward to stand next to Iida.

"Yes, it's just as Yaoyorozu says!" Iida nods firmly in agreement.

"Two hours ago, a fire broke out on the bottom floor of a large underground shopping mall." Yaoyorozu explains the made-up situation for their training, a projection hovering above the device in her hand.

"Currently, the fire has been put out, and the people inside have been evacuated. However, we received word that somewhere in this underground mall, there is still one person who needs to be rescued." Yaoyorozu elaborates. "Our mission is to rescue that person as quickly as possible."

"The person who needs to be rescued is a training dummy. The power is out underground due to the fire, but luckily, the emergency power is still working." Yaoyorozu informs the students.

"Right, so... basically just find the training dummy?" Y/n summarizes, unsure of why all of the explanation was necessary.

"Then we should be able to search even without light." Uraraka mumbles thoughtfully.

"Searching for the person in there will be a race against time. I propose we split up for the search." Tokoyami advises.

"Wait a minute." Izuku calls, drawing everyone's attention towards him. "I'm not getting a signal here."

"What?" Y/n's eyebrows furrow in confusion, tapping the button on the side of her headphones as she waits briefly for the familiar AI to turn on to no avail.

"Huh..." Y/n mumbles to herself thoughtfully.

"I'm not getting a signal, either." Kirishima voices in agreement.

"Same here!" Denki adds, him along with Kirishima having brought out their phones to check.

"So the fire probably made the relay base station go down in this scenario." Izuku observes after a brief moment of thought, coming to the conclusion in mere moments.

"If that's the case, then even if we split up to search, we should decide where to meet up after." Todoroki advises.

"This mall goes down six floors, kero." Tsuyu notices, "What if we go down from the central stairwell and search floor B1 first, then meet back up at the central stairwell ten minutes later to move down another floor together and search there?"

"I agree with Tsu!" Uraraka voices her agreement with a wide smile.

"I do, too." Tokoyami gives a short, curt nod of approval.

"Well, the plan seems decent enough..." Y/n shrugs, accepting the plan with only a small amount of hesitance. She pauses for a moment, before adding; "Good job, Tsuyu."

Despite the words falling off her tongue flatly, Y/n's expression as impassive as ever, Tsuyu still brightens at the praise.

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !