Chapter 47: Kim...Badabe

《"Because I lost

《"Because I lost."》

Silence. I don't know how to respond to that when I'm well aware it's very upsetting to lose to a thug like Jaeha.

But if I don't respond back, he might think I'm judging him when I just told him earlier that I wouldn't.

"Hajun, you did your best to protect us, and that's what matters." I reassured him with positive remarks. "That's why I'm grateful to have someone reliable like you in our crew."

It's his turn to be silent, so I just continued on.

"You may have lost, but you'll win next time, that's for sure!"

《"..."》

"Cheer up, Hajunnie!"

《"That's not it."》

I blinked in confusion. "Ha?" What does he mean? Is he pertaining to something else that I have no knowledge of?

"Um, then where did you lose?"

《"No, forget it."》

I wasn't even able to react, he just suddenly hanged up on me. That left me speechless, my jaw can drop down the playground, while I overthink a lot of things later on.

First, Jaeha. Now Hajun?!

"Fine!" Have it their ways then. As if I'm going to adjust again. Do I look patient enough?!

Later...

"Guess I'm not." It's been hours but here I am, still wide awake and it's late afternoon. I arrived a bit earlier in North Gangbuk where Cheonhak's territory is near.

The dilemma with the blonde thug and brunette tsundere just had to mess up my brain's remaining functioning braincells. I didn't even realize I stood infront of familiar guys who I'm about to beat up for this quest.

Ofcourse, I didn't forget to wear a disguise. No, not a bag, that sucks! Instead, I decided to be a little...different.

"Am I the only one who's seeing that?"

A guy with, uh, is that a Mohawk or a Fade? Anyways, he got that blonde hair color in between that hairstyle of his, and a cigarette held by his index finger and thumb.

"I see it too. What the heck is that?"

The other guys stared back at me as if I'm a patient who escaped from a mental hospital. Understandable. Who would even go around wearing an uncanny teddy bear costume, but only the head?

One guy raised his hand. "I know!" Pointing at me, he announced the same line I expected him to say. "A moron!"

They stood up, stepping forward as if they're marching to beat me up. "Seems like he's asking for a beating."

Good thing I wore baggy clothes today, complementing the brownish color of the teddy head. They couldn't even tell the moron they're pertaining to is a woman, not a man.