[ 100 ] insecure men and their wars

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
100. insecure men and their wars

( songs for the chapter:
dorothea — taylor swift
where do we go now — gracie abrams )

( songs for the chapter:dorothea — taylor swiftwhere do we go now — gracie abrams )

CHASSEUR HOUSE
october, 1979

          𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗞𝗘 𝗨𝗣 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣 𝗦𝗟𝗘𝗘𝗣, tangled in each other's arms, twisted in their blankets. The beams of unusual sunlight streamed past the fleece of curtains, and casted the room in a blissful morning glow that she could see even behind her closed eyes.

"The house feels so peaceful with my stupid brothers causing chaos," Everest dreamily said before peeling her eyes open. Her father and brothers were out on hunting again, and they have been frequently doing this ever since werewolves started to be on Voldemort's side. Aster had gone to Wales for a conference and Everest used this opportunity to invite Marlene over. 

"You know, I could stay here forever," Marlene told her girlfriend, a love-smitten grin on her face.

"You have to stay forever, love, I'm not letting you go anywhere anytime soon," she softly chuckled, "Hearing about Lily being pregnant just gave me these... uh, thoughts, I can't stop thinking about it."

Marlene's head shot to hers, "Wanna have a baby?"

Everest felt her eyes grow considerably large, lips partying in shock.

"I–I mean, not now, of course, and not in the way—in the other way, of course, I meant," Marlene rambled on, stuttering in panic. 

"Marls," Everest cut through gently, placing a deep kiss onto her lips and soothing her panicking state. She pulled back with a bright glint dancing in her eyes, "Of course, I want to have a baby with you."

"I want a girl." Marlene said, without skipping a beat which let a pile of giggle leave Everest's lips.

"A sweet little girl," she dreamily uttered. "I'd love that, I love anything with you."

"If we do, when we do get one... can we—name her after my mum?" The blonde girl asked hesitantly.

Everest had no hesitancy in her tone. "Of course," she smiled gently. "Chiara. It's a pretty name."