Chapter Ten: Unblocked

AMEL

It's not even afternoon, and I've already had a close call. I swear on my Unctie that I don't want Cierre, but an indescribable enchantment about her traps my soul. Her power of seamlessly transforming from an adorable princess to a seductive temptress in a matter of seconds should be studied by love gurus worldwide. While they're at it, they need to consult geneticists to research how she's so genetically blessed. While her facial features are a creation of heavenly art, only a creator with naughty intentions would produce a woman so naturally stacked. I'm talking sweet, supple titties, endowed enough to be teased in my capable palms and a fat ole ass that has the bounce of a basketball.

Don't get me started on her accent. Though her dad's from New York and she's spent most of her life in the spotlight, Charlotte is her home. Her North Carolina drawl still influences every other word she utters with alluring elegance. Learning to stay platonic with her will demand more effort and resilience than any strenuous workout I put myself through. But I gotta keep my hormones in check.

Just like the gentle flickering light of a eucalyptus three-wick candle, rekindling a friendship with her brings warmth and relief. In contrast, opening my heart fully to her again is like stepping into an intimidating blazing inferno, unsure if I'll come out alive. My body literally cannot handle any unnecessary stress, and neither can her mental health. Despite my trust in her personal growth and improved emotional control, it would be irresponsible to jeopardize our well-being once more.

Plus, she has a man. And though she may not see a future with him now, shit changes. Something could spark overnight, leaving me dumb in unrequited love while she rides off in the sunset with September Nosina. Since when did she like skinny niggas anyway? She likes her partners, either muscled or chubby, no in between.

Resting against the soft, padded headboard, I shake my head to clear my thoughts. Let me check on Diamond. She'll help get Cierre off my brain.

After three rings, she answers my FaceTime with her mink eyelashes fluttering into an eye roll. Her lips twist in a combination of amusement and sarcasm. With a deliberate camera angle, she presents her voluptuous frame, barely clad in a tube top and booty shorts. Like her high-rise apartment, her luminous dark skin basks in the sunlight. I can practically taste the rich scent of cocoa butter through the screen. Appreciating the magnificent sight before me, I run my tongue across my lips.

"Now you wanna call me?" Her Miamian accent has just the right amount of attitude.

"Don't tell me you're jealous already?"

"Jeal—" Diamond glances at her pristine kitchen as if looking for something. Her confused scowl pivots back to the screen. "What's that? That ain't me, suge." Plopping down on the couch, she releases a slow, unbothered sigh. "Actually, re-re-reverse that." She's so damn extra. "I am jealous, but not of Cierre. If anything, I wish I was in your shoes. Oh, the things I would do to that woman...mmm mmm mmm."

While I want to be irked that Diamond wishes to fuck my ex, I can only wonder: Who would be the top?

"Oh, so it's like that?" I ask, cocking my head sideways.

"Hell yes, it's like that." She says, replicating my mannerisms but with more emphasis. "I'll fold that woman up hamburger style and just..." Diamond thrusts upward on the sofa. While she executes her pinpoint strokes, she makes "bow, bow, bow" noises.

"Why are you laughing? As if I haven't broken that spine a few times," she teases with a wink.

My cheeks tingle with a hint of warmth. I gently sway my head from side to side. "Chill out, mane. You're wildin'."