viii. Confession

♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ :Chapter eight: :;

"I wish you felt the same"

Binna couldn't stop thinking about Eun-gyeol's statement, 'I'll help you' and wondered what exactly he meant by that. She pondered how he could assist her and considered the possibility that he was referring to helping her win Yi-chan's affection. The thought alone made her cheeks redden as she contemplated the various scenarios where this could be the motive behind Eun-gyeol's offer of help.

Binna did not dislike the idea of having Yi-chan as a partner. However, she knew it would never happen due to Yi-chan's obvious infatuation with Se-kyung. The thought of being Yi-chan's partner still excited her. Binna understood Yi-chan's attraction towards Se-kyung as she considered her to be a beautiful and kind girl. Although Binna rarely interacted with Se-kyung, she was aware that Se-kyung was highly sought-after by the boys.

Nevertheless, Binna possessed the characteristics of an ordinary girl including a beautiful countenance but was burdened by her hearing impairment. People often remarked that she would have been greatly admired in school if it weren't for her disability. Nonetheless, would anyone desire her as much as Se-kyung? Who would be willing to build a life with Binna knowing that she is unable to perceive any of the auditory experiences of the world?

The idea of eventually being alone and dying without companionship greatly bothered her. It is possible that she may never have children or find someone who truly accepts her. It is likely that she is fated to be alone. All of these possibilities constantly occupied her thoughts and caused her distress every single minute.

Binna came back to reality as a person's hands moved across her field of vision. Eun-gyeol, with a smile, held her small notebook, which she relied on for communication, and began writing something on it, locking gazes with Binna's brown eyes.

"I said I'll help you, right? You need to come with me somewhere"

Binna looked puzzled, but still agreed. Even though she didn't know exactly what Eun-gyeol meant to help her with, she decided to go along with it, leading her to find herself in a scenario where they were holding hands as he led her to a place she didn't know at all.