Chapter 3 - I AM NOT BROKEN

***You talk a good game,but I'm watching how you play***

••!!!Devika Vyas pov!!!••

"But I have three conditions," I asserted, noticing his frown.

"First, I want to tell you a story , Second, no interruptions during my narration. And the third condition, I'll reveal after my story." I conveyed confidently.

"I can't do it," he replied, making me wonder if he was kidding.

"Don't you want a mutual divorce?" I asked, and he agreed.
As I began narrating my story....

"Once upon a time, a beautiful woman found herself hitched to a selfish man. Names? Forgot to pick those."
I grinned as he rolled his eyes at my antics.

"What if we slap our names on these characters?" I suggested, interpreting his frown as a yes.

"Now, our story's kick-off - his dad's on his deathbed, and the dying wish is for his son to tie the knot with his best friend's daughter. A marriage orchestrated for dad," I spilled, watching realization dawn on him.

"Hold your horses, Jai. If my conditions aren't met, those divorce papers won't magically appear in your dreams,"I warned, making sure he sensed the intensity in my voice and the fire in my eyes.

"Relax, babe. I've been quiet for months. Now it's your turn to zip it," I teased, feeling the tide turning.

"Back to the story - on the first night, Jai, our selfish protagonist, tried his darnedest to play the doting husband. "How did it feel, Jay-boy, wearing that Mr. Nice Guy hat?" I prodded, savoring his glares.

"But hang on, Jai, there's a missing piece to the puzzle. Why didn't I trust you? It's about the acting, Jay-boy; that's surely not your cup of tea, but it's mine," I tossed in, catching him off guard.

"Because, Jay-boy, I'm no fool. I've got this talent, reading people's eyes. When Dad proposed the marriage, I saw more than just a 'yes' in his eyes. That's why I'm Mrs. Chawla now," I spilled, ensuring he hung onto every word.

Now, let's spice it up. "Next move, Jai. I sneak into your Insta the morning after our grand wedding. Guess what I find?"

I paused for effect, relishing the shock in his eyes.

"Your beloved Savi!"Did that break me?" I delivered each word loud and clear, watching him gulp down a glass of water in shock.

"What's with the ghost face? Chill, baby. You cheated on me, not the other way around," I smirked, leaving him stunned.

Silence lingered. I took my sweet time, enjoying his raised eyebrow, silently asking what was going on. "Dekh lene do, bhut achhe lag rahe ho chup chaap baithe ho to?" I added a touch of humor, laughing.

"It's my day, Jay-boy," I grinned, throwing in a wink. He huffed, and satisfaction washed over me.

"Now, let's fast forward. A month into our 'marriage,' Jai's dad kicks the bucket. But Jai, the mastermind, has more up his sleeve. A week after his dad's demise, he starts poisoning his mom against me," I taunted, noticing guilt flicker in his eyes.

"And when his mom sought support, happiness, love - what did she get? Her darling son poisoning her mind against her daughter-in-law. Real smooth," I threw it at him, and he couldn't meet my gaze.

"I love your mom, you know. Since the day I met her, she never raised her voice at her kids.But today, she stopped me from going home, and I had to speak up. Does Savi handle that drama while you enjoy it all quietly?" I let the mix of emotions sink in, watching his eyes closely.

And just when he thought he had it all figured out, I dropped another bomb. "Jealous of Savi, huh?" I asked, and he nodded like a curious puppy.

"Why would I be jealous when I never liked you, babe? Love? Too far-fetched. And I hated you from the core of my heart. I just held onto a tiny hope of getting some love from my husband. But hey, I'm not living in some delusional bubble," I asserted, and he sighed, catching his breath.

"Now, let's revisit Devika Vyas. We've been on about her, right?" I redirected the conversation, and confusion clouded his face.

"Devika Vyas - doesn't tolerate fingers pointing at her. And you effing slapped her. Thought you were eager to move on from this marriage? Nope, it's me. I've been waiting for today, to divorce you and finally break free," I declared, tossing a glass that shattered on the floor.

Cooling myself down, I took a deep breath and noticed him, rooted in place.

"So, here comes my third condition, Jai," I said, locking eyes with him.

"You need to pack your bags and shift to London with your beloved Savi and your mom. Once you reach there, give me a call. We'll inform MY parents that both of us had to urgently move to London due to some pressing business matters."

Jay finally accepted my condition.

With a victorious smile, I replied, "Alright, you've accepted. Now, as for why I'm not going home and where I'm heading after this, well, that's my business. Let's just say, I have my own plans."

I signed those divorce papers and saw him heading for the door. . I slipped into the walk-in closet, grabbed my packed bags, and headed to the door.

He stood there, puzzled. "Midnight escape? Couldn't you leave in the morning?" he asked, feigning concern.

"Seriously, Jai? I never played the dutiful wife, so don't act the concerned husband now. It just annoys me. Got it?" I asserted, making my way downstairs.

Wait, almost forgot something. Back to my room, Jai still on that darn couch. I called him, "Jai."

His attention shifted from the divorce papers to me.Raised eyebrows, he inquired, and I threw a flower pot his way, hitting the mirror. It shattered into pieces.

"Mad? Trying to kill me?" he yelled.

"Calm down, drama king. It didn't even touch you. Just chill," I said, adding in my dominating tone, "Don't even dream of raising your hand against women. Understand?"

I knelt down, picked up a glass piece from the floor, and said,
"I am not broken today, neither will I be. Because glass will be broken, stone will not. My heart is made up of stone, Mr. Chawla. And every tear? It's not just about pain; some are of anger too."

I walked towards him, offering my hand for a handshake. "Shake your hand, Chawla. I want to congratulate you on your upcoming marriage to Savi,"

I said with a sly grin. He hesitated but eventually shook my hand, and with that, I made my way out of the mansion.

"FINALLY YOU ARE OUT OF HELL , MISS DEVIL"

*************************************
The chapter of 1154 words, my favorite chapter! Show your love to Devika Vyas and vote if you enjoyed "Reclaimed Hearts."

Author:)