i. six - the goat, the gods, and the bull in boxers

words : 1996

* * *

"you ever held a sword before?"

"i'm a ten year old girl, when the hell would i ever have held a sword in my life?"

annabeth strolled down the hill, alliah following behind her.

ahead of them was a large field full of campers running about in what seemed to be armour. alliah squinted her eyes, the sunlight bouncing off the metal armour pieces and blinding her.

"welcome to the training grounds." annabeth took a deep breath in, a pleased smile on her face.

"training grounds?" alliah tilted her head. "is our mission in life to get shipped off to the military or something?"

"military would be lightwork compared to what we have in store for us." annabeth suddenly stopped walking, facing alliah off with a monotone voice.

"oh..." alliah's eyes went wide.

annabeth resumed back to her smile as if she didn't just send shivers down alliah's spine. "come on, it's fun out here!"

-

"you ever held a sword before?" luke asked, walking towards the pair.

"why does everyone keep asking me that?" alliah bit the insides of her cheek. "do i look like i've held a sword once in my lifetime?"

"nah, not at all actually." an unfamiliar girl suddenly joined luke's side.

the girl grinned.

"no way a little princess like you could hold a spatula, why does everyone keep asking you if you could hold a sword?"

alliah studied the girl in front of her, now suddenly facing her off.

she was taller, built bigger and seemed much stronger. she had long curly hair down to her waist, olive skin and a mischievous glint in her brown eyes. she wore her orange tee shirt tied to the side, cropped to show off what seemed to be forming abs underneath.

annabeth rolled her eyes.

"nobody asked you to be here, clarisse." she said annoyed. "go away."

clarrise ignored the younger girl's remark, instead choosing to step forward once more. the sun was no longer visible to alliah as she stared up at the girl towering over her, her arrogant shadow easily passing alliah's head.

"so you're the newbie, huh?" she turned to luke. "why bother tryna test her out on combat? it's obvious she's not built for those. why don't you just go join the rest of cabin 10 and go do your hair or something?"

"you say that, but you still piss your pants everytime you're up to spar with silena." annabeth stepped in between the newbie and the taller girl glowering at them. "like i said, go away."

clarisse merely smiled. she turned to look at alliah, an amused sparkle in her eye.

"i'll see you on the training grounds, princess." she spat, turning away and walking off.

alliah glared at her. she didn't find herself too fond of being spoken to that way. she decided she wasn't too fond of this clarrise girl either.

and yes, she got it, she was pretty and helpless-looking. could people quit pointing that out and just let her try to gather her surroundings and understand what on earth she had just found herself in?