Chapter 1- Fay Constructions

Preface

This is my first book/publication on Wattpad and I hope you enjoy it...

Note that:

This book is entirely a work of fiction and any resemblance or similarity to any event, person, true story, character or place is purely coincidental.

©2024 Copyright

No part of this book/publication may be reproduced, transmitted or distributed in any manner or form without the author / writer’s prior agreement or permission.
Any infringement of copyright is punishable by the law.

© Hawwaiuf

Chapter One

         She sighed right before entering the Building, Remembering all she went through before finally securing this job and relocating to Abuja. "Day 1" she said beneath her breath and entered.

         She looked at the building mouth agape, it was a sight to behold

  The person who did the interior design of this place really aced it. Her inner voice said

  She greeted the receptionist before making her way to the elevator, she entered the elevator as a very heavenly scent welcomed her, she couldn't resist the urge she had to look at the man inside even though she didn't want to.

      “OMG”  She Said Aloud without even knowing she said it out, Are her eyes not playing a prank on her. Is she really seeing one of the El-kabeer's
This guy is bomb She thought and then a thought struck her. She knew she spoke aloud and looked at him but he didn't even blink, it's like he doesn't know there's a human being inside.

  She looked at herself again A whole pretty me, I guess hot guys tend to act like that all classy and rude. Amidst her thought the door opened without her realizing, she just saw a figure pass her.

      “Urgghh” She groaned "Alina what have you done? What if he realised you were looking at him, Wait.. why was I looking at him? No, no, no it can't be” With that she exited the elevator and went straight to the secretary's office.

         “Ahmad El-kabeer” She called the name written on the door, she knocked and after minutes of waiting he gave her permission to come in and she entered the office.

       "How may I help you?" He threw the question at her not wanting her to waste his time, he doesn't have time to spare.

How rude? He wouldn't even allow me to come in or even sit, she murmured.

     “I have been appointed as the P.A for the CEO” She  answered shortly

“Ohh! Here pick this files, fill them and sign, then you will be redirected to your place of work.”

I walked towards him and picked the file, in front of the file was a portrait and surprisingly I saw four men including the man I met at the elevator. THE EL-KABEER'S, the name that was caligraphed beneath the portrait, so are all of them related?

The secretary and the rude elevator man? Is it a family business?

“Stop staring at the portrait and fill the form miss” Ahmed interrupted her session of thought.

  “ I will” She said before attempting to  seat

“ And who gave you permission to seat?” He asked without an inch of playfulness on his face

        Alina's face looked startled,Is he serious?

        She stood still and kept the file on his table and filled them up. She submitted the file and he redirected her to her place of work.

“Are all the EL-KABEER'S rude?” She asked herself.

She can't believe him, he really didn't allow her to sit. Am I dirt?

She asked for directions and went to the Ceo's office.

      The name tag on the Ceo’s door  spelt Azeez El-Kabeer

           She sighed before knocking at the door, I hope this one gives me a place to seat .She knocked and knocked and there was no response.

She pushed the door and entered the office and to her surprise they was a person inside, he sat facing backwards.

She thought no one was inside the office but here is proof he heard the knock and decided to ignore it.

What is wrong with these guys? I'm sure they're not well

He turned and who would her eyes see if not the handsome elevator man.
“Who gave you permission to enter my office?” He asked with a straight face

I didn't come to steal you know.

“I was re-directed here as my place of work, I'm the new appointed P.A” she answered

"Please get out, ask him to get you an office but you can't stay here?" He said before he stood up.

And chapter one is a wrap.

Written and published February, 2024.

Edited  and republished 18th May, 2024.

© Hawwaiuf

Follow, Vote And Comment.

•Thank You For Reading •