vii. the underworlds cerberus thinks grover is a treat!

ꗃ 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷
❪ the underworlds cerberus
thinks grover is a treat! 

𝓑rielle jackson was hesitant to enter crustys waterbed palace, the place really lives by its name

𝓑rielle jackson was hesitant to enter crustys waterbed palace, the place really lives by its name... it does look crusty! i'll tell you that. I sigh, shaking the thought out of my mind and entering the place.

there was every kind of waterbed you could imagine: different kinds of wood, different patterns of sheets; queen-size, king-size, emperor-of-the-universe-size.

standing in-front of me and percy was a guy who looked like a raptor in a leisure suit. he was at least two meters tall, with absolutely no hair. he had grey leathery skin, thick-lidded eyes, and a cold reptilian smile. he moved towards us slowly, but I got the feeling he could move fast if he needed to.

his suit might've come from the lotus casino. It belonged back in the seventies, big time. the shirt was silk paisley, unbuttoned halfway down his hairless chest. the lapels on his velvet jacket were as wide as landing strips. the silver chains around his neck — I couldn't even count them.

"I'm crusty" he said, with a tartar-yellow smile.
I resisted the urge to say, yes, you are. but I really couldn't "you sure are" I laughed.

"i'm guessing you bought your blazers from the seventies?" I made a wincing noise making crusty shake his head

"sixties" he corrected, making me nod as percy winced, backing away with a displeased look on his face

"I know who you are." percy glared at him "you're procrustes. son of poseidon and murderer of travelers." he initiated making me open my mouth as a result of shock, you're telling me we're related to this guy? can someone hand me a barf bag, like, now.

"crusty, please." the salesman pleaded with his voice being as dead as a corpse "but who can pronounce procrustes? bad for business. now custy, anybody can say that." — "and you two . . . you've got dads eyes" he asseverated, walking closer to my brother and I

"take a load off. relax for a minute" he had both of his arms pointing towards the beds he was selling

"now that i've think of it, the beds are most likely a trap" I inhaled, shaking my head "that's how you do it. how you murder your guests, or customers if that's what you want call it"

"I do?" crusty asked, putting his hands to his chest

"we know there's a secret passage to the underworld here." I claimed as I looked around the store for where the passage could be, thinking if luke was inside, he probably would have known already.