Chapter 3

For the next hours both of them focused on their work. While there is a occasional mumbles and rants from the Empress nothing particular happens.

There was suddenly a gentle knock on the door.

"Your Majesty, it's me." A sweet voice comes from the outside.

Oh, man. Here we go again. I can already feel my jaws hurting from forcing to smile. Alarice grunted.

"Come in." Said the Emperor

The door opened and a beautiful woman with sky blue hair and purple eyes came in. Despite having a child she's still regarded as the flower of the high society. The Female Lead of this novel and the current Empress Consort. Qashanna Beatrice Elmea.

She walked towards the emperor's desk elegantly without even looking at her.

Like I care. Alarice was used to this. After all she knows that this woman sees her as an enemy. Must be the influence of the novel.

"Greetings Your Majesty." She said sweetly while smiling so bright.

"Empress Mother!" A twelve years old boy with sky blue hair like his mother and a pair of ocean blue eyes from his father comes in running towards her.

He is the First prince of the Philleon Empire and the son of Empress Consort. Mael Cassian von Cilmair.

"Oh hello little Mael." I said smiling wildly then hugged him. "What are you so excited about?"

"Well, Empress Mother will make lunch today, right?" he said. "My favorite adobo, right?"

"Nooo! Empress Mother will cook sinigang!" came a much little boy on the door.

An eight years old boy will ocean blue eyes and dark blue hair. The second prince of the Empire and the son of the 2nd concubine. Naveen Rhyzen von Cilmair.

"I wish I could make lunch but I have a lot of work to do." I said

"Come on princes. Why won't you greet His Majesty first." the Empress Consort said.

Wow. The audacity. She didn't even greet me.

"Greetings to our Father Emperor." Both the princes said

"No need for formalities. So why are you all here?" Asked the Emperor

"The kids were missing you so we went here." The Empress Consort said in a gentle voice.

She almost rolled my eyes. You really didn't want me alone with your dear darling, eh.

"It doesn't looks like it is me that the kids wanted to see."

"Oh come one, Nicholas don't tell me you're jealous of me." She chuckled. She deliberately said the Emperor's name to tease the Empress Consort as she was the only one who can address the Emperor on his name. Not for any romantic reason but the law dictates that only nobles with equal or above their status can call the other nobles by their name. Of course this law also applies for the Royal Family.

As Alarice was the only person who was the equal position of the Emperor, thus she's the only one who can legally call his name.

"I was about to when the princes didn't even hug me even though they "missed" me."

"Come on kids. Give me a break and hug your Father. I don't want to have additional work." I jokingly said.

Both Princes hugged their Father and kiss them on the cheeks. Alarice smiled. 4 years ago this guy was very awkward on his children and rarely approached them. She just pushed them together so they can be this close.