Chapter 51: I Don't Have a Time Limit

"Suhyeon

"Suhyeon..." Hyeondong stood infront of me, but his eyes didn't really look up to mine.

Haru looks surprised at the sight of Kuja's state. While I silently stood there, staring at him who laid down the ground unconscious.

I already knew this would happen. I should've urged Haru to stick with Kuja earlier. If only I did, they might have the chance to atleast hold back and retreat or wait for reinforcements from the West.

But those thoughts are pointless now. It already happened. Kuja is already hurt. And I wasn't able to protect him at all.

Roaming my eyes around, the heavy feeling in my chest worsened. The rest of the first-year students are also beaten up. However, Kuja looks the most hurt in here.

Hakjin Ju...he crossed the line.

"It's not just Kuja. The first years with him, too." Due to my silence, Hyeondong had no choice but to tell me something so obvious. "Everyone's been badly hurt. I think they were struck with a metal weapon."

I approached Kuja and kneeled down, while he only continued telling me everything I already know in the first place. "I checked and it wasn't Jihyeon Lee."

Haru got closer and took the initiative to ask. "Who was it?"

"Hakjin Ju, ranked 8th in South Gangbuk High." Hyendong replied. "He's well-known for being cruel and conniving, so even Seok Kang doesn't like him much."

I checked my phone and stared at the webtoon. But no matter how many times I read it, my mind remains blank today.

"I didn't think Seok Kang would send him of all people. Kuja is severely injured. I think Hakjin Ju struck him way more than necessary."

Closing my phone, I clenched on it too hard before glancing back to Kuja. One lense of his glasses is broken. His face is obviously bloody from getting punched by a bruss knuckles.

"He must have been in a lot of pain."

Original Suhyeon's friendship with Kuja is something I admired when I first read the webtoon. They genuinely care about one another, and they knew each others since the beginning.

Kuja was the reason why he had a friend who he can rely on while enduring Changdong's relentless bullying.

But what's in it for me?

One day, I woke up as the female version of Suhyeon Kim. I don't have any recollection of past memories about this new life I have to live. I'm not sure how Kuja and I became friends either.

Despite that, he and I got along really well. He's like a brother to me. He's the most sincere person I've met the first time I transmigrated here, and he's the type of friend that isn't easy to find.

Kuja knows full well that getting associated with me means involving himself in this crappy Gangbuk war. But he remained by my side, not because he wanted power or authority.