Chapter 6

Nicholas not just once thought of a child between him and Alarice. But everytime he brings it up Alarice will coldly shut him up by bringing their contract 4 years ago.

During those times, he wanted to go back and punched himself.

The contract that binds them more than their marriage.

That night after they singed there marriage contract, the Empress Regnant came to his room.

"Don't expect me to sleep with you because I won't." That's what he coldly said

"Oh I don't have that kind of intention. I'm here because I have a proposal." She said and sat in the chair of the room.

"Just so you know, I'm not here because I love you or anything like that. I wanted to change the slums of this country. Grant me the power to do that." She said

"Do what you want. Helping me govern this country was your job, anyway. Just don't try anything funny. I'll always monitor you."

"Then give me autonomy on making decisions about projects that I'll propose. I know you don't want to see me so this will save us both the time."

"How can I trust you? Do you think I'm stupid? Whatever it is that you're trying to do forget it."

"What's with your animosity? We both agreed to this marriage and both benefitted from it. What I'm asking is just an autonomy to do my job so we can save our time. We both don't want to see each other anyway so what's your deal?" She said annoyed.

"And what if you embezzled money?"

"You said you'll be watching me anyway. Just put someone on the disguise as my aide to monitor my every move."

"How can I be sure you won't do harm in the Imperial family?"

She looked at him puzzled. Then after a while her eyes widened.

"Oh~~ so you were worried I'm gonna hurt the Empress Consort or your Children or your concubines and be some kind of evil Empress?" She said then laugh. "That's classic."

He felt annoyed as he think that she is making fun of him. But still can't deny how pretty she is in her night gown and her bright laugh.

He always think that she's pretty. That's why he hates her. He feels like she'll bring drastic change in his peaceful life. Even just them being in the same room will definitely made the Empress Consort whom he was with since they were kids cry in pain.

He hates to see the person he cherishes the most and the mother of his prospective heir in pain. That's why he needs to shut down whatever it is he is feeling.

"Shut your mouth." He said

"Okay. Okay. I'll stop." She said then continued. "Then like I said let's make a deal. But this time in paper so we can have clearly know each other's boundaries."

For while they discussed their wants to each other and write it down. They come up at this list.

1. The Emperor will give the Empress Regnant permission on management of developing the capital when it comes to health and educational system.

2. The Emperor will provide enough monetary support to the Empress Regnant in order to implement the project proposals for the management of health and educational system in the capital.

3. The Empress Regnant will let the Empress Consort manage the inner palace.

4. The Empress Regnant will let the Empress Consort manage the Imperial Harem.

5. The Empress Regnant will let the Empress Consort still take the center of the high society.

6. The Empress Regnant will do no harm whether physical, emotional, or mental to the Empress consort, the Prince or even the concubines.