xii. Impossible love

♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ :Chapter twelve: :;

"I never craved attention until I tasted yours"

until I tasted yours"

Binna found herself alone in the vacant classroom, engrossed in an open book on sign language, diligently perfecting her sign gestures. Her sister was attending another class, leaving her in solitude, with only silence as her companion as always. Nevertheless, catching sight of a specific photograph in the sign language book evoked a vivid memory of a heartwarming encounter with Yi-chan when she affectionately arranged his hair, prompting an irresistible smile to grace her face as she resumed her sign practice.

My heart flutters

Her state of calm was abruptly interrupted when an individual tactlessly positioned a drink on her work surface, compelling her to raise her gaze and discover Se-kyung comfortably positioned across from her, sporting a broad, contented grin.

"Why are you alone? Where are the others?"Binna made a gesturing motion towards the blackboard positioned behind Se-kyung, prompting her to face it and peruse the conspicuously showcased letters inscribed on the verdant wooden panel

'Third period - English listening lesson. Come to the language classroom'

Binna proceeded to place her books under the table, while subtly observing Se-kyung, giving off the impression that she had a query to pose, yet feeling uncertain, which led Se-kyung to respond with a quizzical smile.

"What? Do you have something to tell me?" Se-kyung inquired with a warm smile

Binna maintained a momentary silence, with her gaze steadfastly locked onto Se-kyung's, carefully contemplating the question she was preparing to ask.

"Who will you choose at the festival?" Binna inquired with curiosity, yet her nervousness remained concealed beneath the table, prompting Se-kyung to chuckle with amusement

Se-kyung wore a playful smile as she inquired "Why? Did you bet money, too?" Binna nodded earnestly, catching Se-kyung off guard with her unexpected seriousness. Perked with excitement, Se-kyung eagerly leaned in and asked "Really? Who did you bet on?"